• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peace Plate (of food, to be available soon, weekly on Fridays)

Started by Peacemaker, September 14, 2010, 09:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

Peace Plate
(Plate of food 4 Peace)

Don't like to cook?  This is a Select Plate of Food, featuring delicious fantastic foods, all prepared and donated by other extreme Liberty Lovers, will soon be available on a weekly basis.

Cost to be around $10, suggested donation.

To be produced on a weekly basis, with pre order by Thurs. AM  and/ PU Fridays in Manchester (or delivery via the
PeaceXpress, an unnofficial network of friends traveling by friends).

100% Voluntarily supported with a % going towards the support of more Peace.

Here's how the First Plate looks so far (and of course we are always looking for new items for variety so if you'd like to be on the plate sometime, please let us know!)

Plate 4 Peace

*Deviled Eggs   (K's)
*Potato Salad    (BM's)
*Humus /w dipping bread  (Mo's)
*Pulled Pork    (T's)
*Pasta Salad    (L's)
*Pizza Slices   (L's)
*Spinach n Cheese snack  (C's)
*Rice Krispie Treat w/ Chocolate Icing  (J's)
*Brownie (Sugar Free)     Ml's

Still hammering out details but just wanted to get the word out so we can begin to get more items for future plates.

*If you're interested in being on the Plate 4 Piece, what we need to know is how much of a suggested donation you would need for your item and course details about it!

Thanks and Peace!

MaineShark

What sort of quantity do you expect to need?  I'm presuming that most folks looking to participate in the production side would need to know that (making one tray of cookies versus a dozen trays of cookies are substantially-different propositions).  Obviously, it would depend upon pre-order size, to some extent, but I expect that a rough ballpark would be helpful.

Joe

Peacemaker

Quote from: MaineShark on September 14, 2010, 10:36 AM NHFT
What sort of quantity do you expect to need?  I'm presuming that most folks looking to participate in the production side would need to know that (making one tray of cookies versus a dozen trays of cookies are substantially-different propositions).  Obviously, it would depend upon pre-order size, to some extent, but I expect that a rough ballpark would be helpful.

Joe

Thanks for inquiry Joe.

And that's a good question.  In thinking about the price, I think it may likely be have diferent sizes with sug. donations ranging from 10, $15 or even $20, offering a couple different sizes. ( and really give people a plate of food one can eat for part of the week or a couple could enjoy a dinner for two and more.

Right now the exact Sug. Donation is difficult to say so let me get back to you on that (depends on particpants donations)

With a pre order, the participants donating food will know exactly how many to provide.

But to answer your question I would imagine we're talking about 1-2 servings of each item (the BBQ is Off the Charts, so that's definately a 2 seater w/ the option of even more I think.

the other measure I would use is how you would you expect it to be presented.  For Example, one individual will be doing Humus w/ dipping bread (i don't ever eat Humus, I don't like it, I thought, but everyone at the party loved this stuff!).  So this would come in a plastic container (r&d is ironing this out now! ) with the bread wrapped seperately to keep it fresh.

Plastic Oz Containers may be given to some of those donating food, depends on food, in order to control the portion, separation, freshness.

Also, we're not looking to get a motherlode of any one food, as it will spike the price, as well as not allow for as much variety. 

I think the one who will want this most will be the single male who doesn't cook.  But I think ANY one who eats would love it.
And as far as quantity that someone would need to make at this point, I would say not much but I think we could get at least 10 if not 20 people to go for it out of the gate, but let me get back to you on that!

Here's another idea;

Add a 100% Sweet Peace Plate for sug. don of $5 (small) or $10 (large) and it would be LOADED with all types of Sweet Samplers (and that would be sweet.)

Well I hope that helps!   

MaineShark

I guess I'm just thinking of how someone can give pricing, without knowing how much they would be making.

If I was going to offer ten pounds of pre-made hamburgers, I would go to the store and buy ten pounds of hamburger.  If I was going to be making 50 pounds of hamburgers, I would go to a butcher shop and ask for a price in 50 pounds of hamburger meat, because I would get a lot better price on that.

On the other hand, if I was making 10 servings of cookies, I could easily do that in my oven, in one sitting.  If was going to make up 50 servings of cookies, it might take a few hours of work, assembly-lining trays of cookies through the oven, and staying there tending it to make sure they are cooked the right amount.

If you're looking for 10-20 servings (or is that 10-20 units, of two servings apiece, for 20-40 servings?), that at least gives folks interested in supply an idea of the quantity involved, so they know what they're bidding on.

On a separate note, I think you should also market to families with young children.  If they know about your service in advance, and everyone gets sick one week, they very well may decide to order out for some meals, rather than having to worry about taking care of each other, and also cooking.  We've done that in the past when we were sick, or just extremely busy one week.  Why go out to a restaurant when you can order food to eat at home?

It could also be a good gift potential, and various holidays are coming up.  As long as you know what sorts of food someone likes, a gift of a meal is unlikely to be disappointing.  (doubling back to the "families with children" thing, again, as well - "you don't ave to cook" is a welcome gift)

Joe

Peacemaker

hey joe (reminds me of a jimi hendrix song) :)

I'd say 20 servings out of the gate.  For example , If ten people put in , then they could each receive a plate in exchange for donating and then there would be ten other plates available for others.

But i do like the Sweet Plate idea going for $5 (you know the ladies will love that one!) :)

Families are a good idea and I've considerered a family size plate but for starters I think we'll just do one plate and then people can order multiple numbers of.

MaineShark

I dunno about making family size setups... I just figured it was a good marketing avenue.

Joe

Kat Kanning

Peacemaker

Quote from: Kat Kanning on September 16, 2010, 06:06 AM NHFT
How would the money be used to promote peace?

It will be donated to Dick Cheney so he can decide how best to achieve more peace worldwide........orrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (not!)  :biglaugh:

Actually, Any organization that is working (peacefully) for the pursuit of more Peace and Liberty would be a candidate to recieve Donations.

Anti War.com would be one example.

MengerFan

The very act of bypassing the NH food tax will promote peace.

Peacemaker