• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Recommending Millies Tavern 4 Fun

Started by Peacemaker, September 17, 2010, 07:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Peacemaker

I  have to Strongly Recommend Millies Tavern as a place to meet and hang out with like minded Liberty Lovers.

If you like Beer, it's the only brewery in Manchester, the deals on beer are exceptional ($1 Beers M-R for example 4-7, Premium Beers made on the spot!,  $2 on Fridays) and even .50c beers from 7-7:30 m-r).  They also have $2 well drinks during Happy Hour.

Great service and no worries using credit cards.

The Half Price Appetizers and food are definately a cut above and priced perfect.    It's a lot quietier too, so you don't have to speak in your loudest tone to talk to the person next to you.

Inviting environment, old brick building, located next to the River, and the Ownership Welcomes everyone as well; located downtown Mahn chest ta.

Tuesdays and Fridays are the most popular days.

www.milliestavern.com   

*Save not being Open Carry Friendly (leave it in the car, you won't need it!) this place is Tops!  :)

MaineShark

Quote from: Peacemaker on September 17, 2010, 07:24 AM NHFT*Save not being Open Carry Friendly (leave it in the car, you won't need it!) this place is Tops!  :)

I don't walk around naked in public, regardless of how "Tops" a place is.

But the management seems to have no problem with concealed carry, even when they know for a fact that someone is carrying.

The manager knows that I and several others are always armed (in part due to asking him if OC was okay), and he's never given any of us any trouble, as far as I can recall.

Joe

Peacemaker

The latest is: one of our friends was carrying and they asked her to leave it in the car.

Peacemaker

Not sure if it was just one Manager who said that or if it was the Top dog.  But I can find out.

That's great to hear you've had no problems in the past.  :)

I would imagine it would just be so much easier to conceal your weapon when you go into a Bar with people drinking around you and you're not sure.

And I wouldn't dream of asking you to walk around naked; I forgot to suggest the easy, simple, no Mgmt. permission required solution: conceal it and then you can set yourself free again to experience more, of how this place is TOPS!  :) 

KBCraig

Once upon a time, probably 4-5 years ago (definitely before Murphy's opened), Millies was a popular gathering spot for FSP-minded folks. There was some uproar on one of the forums (probably either FSP, or the defunct NHTA forum), where the owner or top manager threw a big fit and insisted on no guns, no time, no how.

djbridgeland

Quote from: KBCraig on September 18, 2010, 01:04 AM NHFT
Once upon a time, probably 4-5 years ago (definitely before Murphy's opened), Millies was a popular gathering spot for FSP-minded folks. There was some uproar on one of the forums (probably either FSP, or the defunct NHTA forum), where the owner or top manager threw a big fit and insisted on no guns, no time, no how.

My understanding was there was an incident with someone opening carrying and because of that the owner asks no open carry, which is understandable.  He has said that if we can get at least 20 people then he is willing to make the back room available with open carry allowed, provided it has not been previously reserved.   Concealed carry seems like he doesn't mind so much about.

Russell Kanning

it is spelled Milly's
i never liked the place for mvp meetings
they didn't seem to appreciate all the food business

but it sounds like a good place for a few of you guys to hang out ..... bars are not really my scene
at least you don't have to worry that there is a republican partyy meeting going on in the back room :)