• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shire Co-op starts up!

Started by jaqeboy, October 05, 2010, 01:50 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

First open meeting for new members of the Shire Co-op.

The meeting will be at the AltOberfest in Londonderry at noon.

You'll be able to join, peruse the catalog of items available and place your first order at this meeting.

More details to follow... stay tuned.

jaqeboy

Facebook page for the Shire Co-op: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=152225991481591.

If you join, you'll get all the notices of the meetings, order dates, etc.

Kat Kanning

Did John ever get the stuff he paid for from Jack's Co-op?

jaqeboy

Actually, I was acting as a go-between for John to the Deerfield Country Co-op, but since I moved from Deerfield subsequently and was no longer in that co-op, I refunded his money.

jaqeboy

Shire Co-op meeting this Saturday, 18 December 2010, 5:00 PM.
(Intro to Co-op concept: 4:00 PM, same place)

Liberty Books
75 Allison Street
Concord, New-Hampshire
Please bring a snack or a box of tea for Jim's inventory - also, please buy a book from Jim ;)

Facebook group: here
Join, like, post, etc.

At the AltOberfest co-op meeting, we decided to hold off until we could do a fair comparison between Frontier Foods and Associated Buyers, so we'll decide on which supplier to go with at the Saturday meeting.

If anyone is curious about the co-op concept, I'll give an intro to co-ops and to the Shire Co-op at 4PM, then we'll start the meeting at 5 to decide on which supplier to go with. We'll also select who will be the representative from our group to the supplier. We should also choose a treasurer and a couple of other positions, but we'll see how far we get. So far, meetings are by consensus - no charter or by-laws yet.

jaqeboy

Hey, admin. I didn't know how to link this post to the calendar, so created a 2nd thread which came from the calendar listing. I think I'm missing something on how to do this. Tips? Can the 2 threads be joined?