• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Highjacking Ended Peacefuly ... Re: Grafton ... top story

Started by shyfrog, October 13, 2010, 09:03 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

shyfrog

I'm going to put a John Babiarz for Governor sign on my property when I go visit in December. Yeah, I know the election will be over. It's just a message I'm trying to send to principled anarchists. Property violated is property violated. :icon_pirat:

edit: this is purposefully trollish  >:D

edit again: and abstruse  ;D

MaineShark

Quote from: shyfrog on October 13, 2010, 09:03 AM NHFTI'm going to put a John Babiarz for Governor sign on my property when I go visit in December. Yeah, I know the election will be over. It's just a message I'm trying to send to principled anarchists. Property violated is property violated. :icon_pirat:

We can apply principles only to data we actually have.  We know what Babiarz did.

Whatever happened between you and Barskey is shrouded in fog, hints, and innuendos.  Maybe I and others should be ostracizing one, the other, or both of you.  But I know that I don't have the information to determine that.

I wish you two would sit down for some sort of mediation and sort this stuff out...

Joe

shyfrog

Quote from: MaineShark on October 13, 2010, 09:24 AM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on October 13, 2010, 09:03 AM NHFTI'm going to put a John Babiarz for Governor sign on my property when I go visit in December. Yeah, I know the election will be over. It's just a message I'm trying to send to principled anarchists. Property violated is property violated. :icon_pirat:

We can apply principles only to data we actually have.  We know what Babiarz did.

Whatever happened between you and Barskey is shrouded in fog, hints, and innuendos.  Maybe I and others should be ostracizing one, the other, or both of you.  But I know that I don't have the information to determine that.

I wish you two would sit down for some sort of mediation and sort this stuff out...

Joe

It's ok, you can ostracize me. :) I'm sure I have some unredeeming quality worthy of ostracism. Then again, I think we all do at some point. I'm letting time be the judge on this one. However, in the meantime, I enjoy being entertained by the karma (or whatever one wants to call it).

MaineShark

Quote from: shyfrog on October 13, 2010, 09:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on October 13, 2010, 09:24 AM NHFTWe can apply principles only to data we actually have.  We know what Babiarz did.

It's ok, you can ostracize me. :) I'm sure I have some unredeeming quality worthy of ostracism. Then again, I think we all do at some point. I'm letting time be the judge on this one. However, in the meantime, I enjoy being entertained by the karma (or whatever one wants to call it).

I'd rather see you guys sit down, hammer out who did what to whom, and what it will take to balance the books, then both do that.  "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," and all that.  Healing is a far better path than escalation of conflict...

Joe

shyfrog

Quote from: MaineShark on October 13, 2010, 10:16 AM NHFT
Quote from: shyfrog on October 13, 2010, 09:45 AM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on October 13, 2010, 09:24 AM NHFTWe can apply principles only to data we actually have.  We know what Babiarz did.

I'd rather see you guys sit down, hammer out who did what to whom, and what it will take to balance the books, then both do that.  "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind," and all that.  Healing is a far better path than escalation of conflict...

Joe

I appreciate this. I really do. And I do understand fully that people would like to see this settled. Here's why I'm not interested at this time...

There comes a point in an individuals dealings with another individual (or individuals) where they realize that no matter how one communicates with them, asks them to respect your rights, pleads with them to live up to their principles, or begs them to honor their agreements, that they are going to do that thing that benefits them most at that given moment in time regardless of the consequences. There is no recompense for that. The only thing that can satisfy me at this point is time and observation with an occasional *poke*.

By the way...I'm also guilty of all of the above. Just putting that out there in case anyone tries to rake me across the mud.
Freedom is nothing without the freedom to make mistakes...and own up to them.

MaineShark

Quote from: shyfrog on October 13, 2010, 11:36 AM NHFTI appreciate this. I really do. And I do understand fully that people would like to see this settled. Here's why I'm not interested at this time...

There comes a point in an individuals dealings with another individual (or individuals) where they realize that no matter how one communicates with them, asks them to respect your rights, pleads with them to live up to their principles, or begs them to honor their agreements, that they are going to do that thing that benefits them most at that given moment in time regardless of the consequences. There is no recompense for that. The only thing that can satisfy me at this point is time and observation with an occasional *poke*.

By the way...I'm also guilty of all of the above. Just putting that out there in case anyone tries to rake me across the mud.
Freedom is nothing without the freedom to make mistakes...and own up to them.

Certainly your prerogative, but... if you guys actually did sit down and reach a detailed agreement, then if someone did violate it (whether for momentary benefit, or whatever), it would become crystal clear to everyone else, who was in the wrong.

Right now, all we know is that you feel certain individuals behaved in an unprincipled fashion and broke some sort of agreement.  I expect that they believe they did neither.  Who knows what actually happened, except those involved?  If you guys were to reach some sort of settlement amongst yourselves, and someone violates it, it's much easier for the rest of us to see who is breaking agreements, because it's happening in the "now."

Just like the video record allows Babiarz and company's behavior to be viewed in the "now," by anyone who cares to watch.  It's not a "he said/she said" thing, because we can check up on it.

Joe

Russell Kanning

top story in grafton .... shyfrog is going to post a sign ..... somewhere .... in december .... and is running for the pirate party?
someone visiting this forum will have absolutely no idea what is going on

shyfrog

Quote from: Russell Kanning on October 15, 2010, 08:42 AM NHFT
top story in grafton .... shyfrog is going to post a sign ..... somewhere .... in december .... and is running for the pirate party?
someone visiting this forum will have absolutely no idea what is going on

Arr...I be hijacking this thread fer me own pleasure, if ye know what I mean, arrr.
:icon_pirat:

John