• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Stuff having nothing to do with John Connell arrested

Started by Mike Barskey, September 16, 2010, 09:01 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Barskey

Quote from: PattyLee loves dogs on September 15, 2010, 07:30 PM NHFT
False accusations really damage everyone. I am sorry you are going through this John. :(

I am sorry you're going through this, too, John.

Patty's comment reminded me of the Ethan incident. Maybe this guy really did think something "nasty" was going on with John. I have no idea whether he thought he was doing good or was just a trouble-maker, and surely going to the cops is the wrong thing to do if you are trying to do something good, but it's interesting to consider a scenario from multiple perspectives (even though this scenario is different from the Ethan one, I'm imaginative enough to see and ponder on the similarities).

shyfrog

I'm having a really hard time making any connection between "looking" at a child and "physically being in contact" with a child.

I'm sure there's a connection in there somewhere or it wouldn't have been brought up?

Interesting..and disturbing, if not extremely revealing.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: shyfrog on September 16, 2010, 09:18 PM NHFT
I'm having a really hard time making any connection between "looking" at a child and "physically being in contact" with a child.

I'm sure there's a connection in there somewhere or it wouldn't have been brought up?

I agree.

John

Quote from: shyfrog on September 16, 2010, 09:18 PM NHFT

There is no accusation of physical contact in my situation : Nor has there ever been any accusation like this, by anyone (not even the suggestion of it that I am aware of) against me in my more that 50 years on this planet.

Kat Kanning

Two witnesses saw Ethan in physical contact with the child, plus a third having Ethan admitting to "cuddling" the kid.  This child in Ethan's case was a different person after Ethan was kicked out - happy again, seemingly grateful to John and I, where in previous weeks the kid had become very withdrawn from the family and angry all the time.   

How is this like John's case?

How did your views on sex contribute to what happened to Brigitte/Lou's kid?  Was it allowed to continue because of your views?

Mike Barskey

I apologize for my post. I realized that this topic was very emotional for a lot of people, but posted anyway. I'm backing out of a conversation I "enflamed" and will not read this thread. It's not a polite thing for me to do, but this is not a discussion I want to have.

Kat Kanning

I sent this to Mike a while back.  Also in talking to him I've found that he did not delay Ethan's departure, so I wanted to apologize for saying that also.

Kat

Hi Mike,

I'd like to apologize for the post on John's arrest thread.  I shouldn't have posted that publicly.  When you started attacking John and I again, I should have just ignored it.  So I'm sorry.

Mike Barskey

Quote from: Kat Kanning on October 23, 2010, 10:14 AM NHFT
I sent this to Mike a while back.  Also in talking to him I've found that he did not delay Ethan's departure, so I wanted to apologize for saying that also.

Kat

Hi Mike,

I'd like to apologize for the post on John's arrest thread.  I shouldn't have posted that publicly.  When you started attacking John and I again, I should have just ignored it.  So I'm sorry.

Thank you, Kat.

PattyLee loves dogs

I am concerned that actions that needed to have been taken should be done privately to protect every one,  instead of turning
this into a public spectacle which is damaging to all of us.  I do not see how this protects the kid by discussing this here. I do not believe that there is any justice in how this group is handling Ethan either. Careful, do not become like vigilantes hanging someone based on behavior just because it  appears creepy.  No I have not seen any thing reported here that justifies a very damaging treatment of Ethan, sorry. Does this out me too? I never believed that anyone should have to be sacrificed just to make the others feel comfortable, just say that the party is over and ask the persons to move on.  :(

Lloyd Danforth

As usual, you show up late and ignorant of the facts.

AntonLee

Kat Kanning

Patty, the reason Russell wanted this public was to warn other people in our community that you might not want to have your kids around Ethan.  Parents have been warned.  They can decide what to do with the info.

PattyLee loves dogs

At the expense of a 19 year old who violated cultural normative boundaries but while accuser is showing nothing of substance demonstrating that any one was actually hurt or abused? Ethan has certainly been. Does this not have value for consideration? Do not bother to respond to me just think about it.... I think this thread needs to die before reputations of individuals are further destroyed. :(

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Quote from: PattyLee loves dogs on October 24, 2010, 02:55 PM NHFT
I think this thread needs to die before reputations of individuals are further destroyed. :(

Then why are you here fanning it on?