• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

GUNS - front page NEW HAMPSHIRE SUNDAY NEWS today

Started by John, October 30, 2005, 06:24 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

So before you were just Married and armed .... now you are even more of a wildcard?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: russellkanning on October 30, 2005, 12:47 PM NHFT
Police protection program:
Take call from concerned citizen
Reasure them that it is legal for people to bear arms
Reach back into the dunkin donut box
;D

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Yah, Carry a toy until you can affford a real one.  A friend just picked up a Glock in .40 cal. for $400.00 Only had 50 rounds put thru it!

Russell Kanning

I think I might just stick with a toy gun ..... maybe hide a lambo in my pocket.

Michael Fisher

They only POSSESSED firearms.

Michael and Dave were not CARRYING their firearms...

mvpel

Quote from: GT on October 30, 2005, 08:02 AM NHFT
Most people in NH have no clue open carry is legal in NH. I've talked to several gun owners who don't  know it either. If you do open carry a little extra common sense is advised. An open holster at the small of your back is fine when noone can see the firearm. When it's in full view it would be very easy to take.

Quote from: Roger TalbotHe had forgotten the change in attire left visible the holstered Glock 30 pistol tucked into his belt at his back.

I've said "oops" many times in the past 20 months or so, I guess I might as well say it again - "oops."

Alan Rice appears to have completely missed the point.  Maybe it only seems that way as a result of editing.

Dreepa

I think it is ok if the police show up.  I mean when they get a 911 call the caller might not have said what was going on.

But the part that sucks is when police harass.  It should be a 30 second interview.

'Oh you are just reading a book?  Oh ok... it is legal in this state.  Have a nice day.  Sorry for the trouble.'

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on October 30, 2005, 02:55 PM NHFT
Yah, Carry a toy until you can affford a real one.? A friend just picked up a Glock in .40 cal. for $400.00 Only had 50 rounds put thru it!

You Suck!  I paid way more for my Glock 23!

Fluff and Stuff

Oh, and how scary is this-

I went to Porcfest.  I had a loaded gun in the trunk of my car.  Dozens of people (including me) got drunk many nights.  My car was unlocked most nights and there is a trunk pop near the driver's seat.  Oh, and there were dozens of kids in the area. 

Think of the children.  Yeah, I am an idiot.  They need to take away my gun.  Yeah, come take it from me 8)

polyanarch

"pushing the envelope?"

Here in WI we never pushed the envelope.

Open carry is theoretically legal.  But if you do they will harass you (at least in S. Wisconsin) and give you a citation for "disturbing the peace."  You have the right to open carry but you will be arrested and your weapon confiscated.  So much for not pushing the envelope -they zipped it up and sealed it from us while we were not looking...

That is why in NH at PorcFest I open carried EVERY DAY everywhere I went.  You need to do it or else they will forget you can.  Don't fall down the path that WI did.

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: polyanarch on October 30, 2005, 11:31 PM NHFT
"pushing the envelope?"

Here in WI we never pushed the envelope.

Open carry is theoretically legal.? But if you do they will harass you (at least in S. Wisconsin) and give you a citation for "disturbing the peace."? You have the right to open carry but you will be arrested and your weapon confiscated.?

;D ;D ;D

Russell Kanning

You could start practicing in WI. :)
But you should definitely open carry whenever you feel like it here.

Dave Ridley

I can't find a direct link to the story...anyone got it?   The one at the top of the thread just goes to the main page.

Thanks for posting this, John !

KBCraig

Excellent coverage!

Now, for the nitty-gritty... open carry is an excellent educational tool and political statement. It's also a darn poor tactical approach to self-defense, but that doesn't mean it should be penalized under the law. I don't enjoy the right to legal open carry, so many's the time when I've fretted about weather and wardrobe and activities.

My personal bit of activism over the last couple of days involved "don't ask, don't tell", smilingly breaking the law by carrying concealed at National Parks. And to add some irony, both parks celebrated Abraham Lincoln, "The Great Usurper" of the Constitution.  ;D

Kevin