• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warrant Article town of Grafton re: Enforcement of VictimlessCrimes

Started by Free libertarian, November 04, 2010, 07:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lex

Its not so much a result of any particular state or county law (which there probably is) as just the fact that Grafton has over 1000 people and bad thingsa do happen here... theft is common, assault, other kinds of violence against people and property. A very large majority of people expect to be able to call 911 and have someone come and do something to help them. So, even if there were no law requiring us to have police protection there would still be a large enough percentage of people wanting it to make it happen.

KBCraig

Milan has over 1,300, and no police department. I don't know if they have an arrangement with Berlin, or some other agency.

Lloyd Danforth

When there is no local cop the stateys take patrol your town.  Sometimes they do anyway.

Tom Sawyer

Lex

Whether it's the county sheriff or the state, eventually they'll start billing the town.

KBCraig

I checked the Berlin website; they do provide 24/7 police coverage for Milan, and note that they do so "at no cost to Berlin taxpayers" (meaning Milan pays for it.

AntonLee

Russell Kanning

I think that 1 cop is better than 2 cops and no cop is even better than 1 cop.

I really like the idea of this warrant article. I will sign it as soon as it is finished. :)
I like the 1 sentence version a lot..

Sam a Robrin ... thanks for your help.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 04, 2010, 08:33 PM NHFTI really like the idea of this warrant article. I will sign it as soon as it is finished. :)
I like the 1 sentence version a lot..

Sam a Robrin ... thanks for your help.

What warrant article?

I though we were debating wether or not to have police departments and schools and, and, ...
By The Way - I think that the trend back to the (pre 9/11) much darker color (heard "Back in Black") cop cars is a very bad trend. Can we talk about that for a while to?

Yes Bob, let's get together.

John

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 04, 2010, 10:15 AM NHFT
To see if the town of Grafton shall stop wasting tax money on hassling, and/or jailing people who have harmed no one.
And to see if the town of Grafton shall, with/through any and all of its agents, henceforth stop any and all activity which has the effect (intentionally or otherwise) of directly and/or indirectly initiating and or aiding in the investigation, arrest, and/or prosecution of any and all victimless activities (sometimes referred to as "crimes").
And to see if the town of Grafton shall henceforth request that any and all other government agencies and any and all of their agents refrain from this aggression within the town of Grafton.

Can't vouch for the format, but I cleaned up the spelling and punctuation a little.  Feel free to contact me if you want the same for further revisions.

Thanks.

John

KBCraig

Quote from: AntonLee on November 04, 2010, 08:20 PM NHFT
Milan and Berlin sound funny.  ;D

Especially since they're pronounced "MY-lun" and "BUR-lun".

Then again, I heard some folks from California think NH'ites pronounce "Concord" funny. Eh. Sounds just like the grape to me.

Quote from: Russell Kanning on November 04, 2010, 08:33 PM NHFT
I think that 1 cop is better than 2 cops and no cop is even better than 1 cop.

Yes, and I think that one local cop who is limited in his hours and budget and scope is much better than 24/7 coverage from an adjoining town/city, or the staties, or county, or whoever. It's a matter of minimizing damage.

One local cop can obviously feel pressure from the town that employs him. The contracted cops from the next town over really don't care is Town Y refuses to spend money on prosecuting victimless crimes; he's going to be paid by Town Y via City Z for his time on the job, no matter what he does.

Jacobus

Quote from: John on November 04, 2010, 09:41 PM NHFT
I though we were debating wether or not to have police departments and schools and, and, ...
By The Way - I think that the trend back to the (pre 9/11) much darker color (heard "Back in Black") cop cars is a very bad trend. Can we talk about that for a while to?

Yes Bob, let's get together.

I was debating.  Sorry for the hijack.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on November 04, 2010, 02:12 PM NHFT
That was kind of the point of my post. By doing everything "in-house" we can do things our way and not have any of these dependencies.
in my house there are no cops whatsoever .... and when a cop tries to enter it .... we tell them we don't like or want or need them
that doesn't seem to keep them out all of the time .... but I don't think it helps to set up a cop in my house to try to keep out other cops

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on November 04, 2010, 03:39 PM NHFT
Its not so much a result of any particular state or county law (which there probably is) as just the fact that Grafton has over 1000 people and bad thingsa do happen here... theft is common, assault, other kinds of violence against people and property.
so far I have mostly had problems with government thugs
so i vote for no hired thugs :)