• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warrant Article town of Grafton re: Enforcement of VictimlessCrimes

Started by Free libertarian, November 04, 2010, 07:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: John on November 04, 2010, 09:41 PM NHFT
What warrant article?

I though we were debating whether or not to have police departments and schools and, and, ...
:)
well this idea of Bob's can lead to the heart of the matter ..... should one man be paid to use force at the demands of others?

Russell Kanning

Quote from: KBCraig on November 05, 2010, 03:11 AM NHFT
Yes, and I think that one local cop who is limited in his hours and budget and scope is much better than 24/7 coverage from an adjoining town/city, or the staties, or county, or whoever. It's a matter of minimizing damage.
actually having one cop doesn't seem to minimize the harm from the feds, state, or county
in fact every local cop I have run into works with and prefers the company of he higher up the chain thugs
they are just the local reps from the empire

MaineShark

Quote from: Lex Berezhny on November 04, 2010, 03:39 PM NHFTIts not so much a result of any particular state or county law (which there probably is) as just the fact that Grafton has over 1000 people and bad thingsa do happen here... theft is common, assault, other kinds of violence against people and property.

Yeah.  So if there were fewer thugs running around, there would be less of that...

Joe

MaineShark

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 04, 2010, 06:49 PM NHFTWhen there is no local cop the stateys take patrol your town.  Sometimes they do anyway.

The Stateys are going to be patrolling through Grafton, regardless, due to Rt 4.

I like the warrant article idea, though.  Cut the budget down to just dealing with actual crimes, and cut taxes to match.  Plus, fewer folks getting harassed over nonsense.  It's a win-win.  Ain't going to end thuggery with one vote, but it could be cut substantially.

Joe

John

Quote from: Jacobus on November 05, 2010, 05:56 AM NHFTSorry for the hijack.

Nothing personal. "Hijacking" may actually be more popular than not hijacking around here.
Or, maybe I'm just tired, achy, and cranky.

Russell Kanning

plus we are discussing the whole idea of police in the town of unfree grafton

Jim Johnson

Were not politics eschewed of this forum?
And a discussion of the heinousness of government set forth to disgrace it.

But now a discussion to partake of government procedure, to create more abomination and then to put it to a vote.
And supposedly then excepting the voter out come... and by proxy excepting every other thing voted on as proper, be it theft or murder or enslavement.

Tom Sawyer

I think "The Ambassador" of Free Grafton is trying to bridge the gap so to speak as referenced in his first post http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=21516.msg329105#msg329105

Perhaps there are benefits to even attempting to bring forward such a document...

The political inclined get some of what they want and believe to be effective and the nonpolitical get to add a little "fizz" to things... cause I'm sure there will be "fizz" when this one is started.

Jim Johnson

As we all know, when a document is brought forth and agreed upon by a majority of the village, an armed gang, sworn upon their honor, takes the document and holds it as the will of the people, abiding by it's written word as if it's words had been spoken by God himself.  The armed gang sanctifies the paper with special symbols, recording it's existence and storing it safely.

All is at peace, because a piece paper has been sanctified by a holy process.
We can be reassured that the next time the men with guns "hassle" a villager, we can point towards the place where the  hallowed paper is kept and say, "Look there is a piece of paper."  To which they may reply, "So?"

But we still have the holy process and more paper.

MaineShark

In this case, though, the "holy paper" would be telling the armed thugs not to do something.

Warrant articles can be many things.  When they are strictly a limitation on the government, without imposing any restrictions on the people, I can't see that they are detrimental...

Joe

Dave Ridley

if you want it to get press and buzz, make the warrant article about forbidding victimless crime enforcement as originally planned.
if you want it to pass, make it about *deprioritizing* the same.

Jim Johnson

Blessed is he who seeks the way of the state for he is a tax payer.

I recommend the phrases, "shall make no law" and "shall not infringe".  They tell the armed thugs not to do something without imposing any restrictions on the people.

In this case, the afore mentioned "shall not interfere" will do nicely.  It will give the villagers much comfort.

MaineShark

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 06, 2010, 11:09 PM NHFTBlessed is he who seeks the way of the state for he is a tax payer.

I know a number of folks who don't pay taxes, and use the State's system to fight itself.

Statists, like any devout adherents to religious dogma, are trapped by their own way of viewing the world.  They have blinders on, and you can easily lead them around if you do not, because they just can't grasp what you're up to.

They do view the process as "holy."  So, if a warrant article passed saying that the town cop is not allowed to enforce these types of laws, well, it must be right that he no longer enforces those laws.  They will have to accept it, even if it means a complete reversal in what they had just believed, because holy writ trumps all...

Joe

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 06, 2010, 11:09 PM NHFT
Blessed is he who seeks the way of the state for he is a tax payer.

I recommend the phrases, "shall make no law" and "shall not infringe".  They tell the armed thugs not to do something without imposing any restrictions on the people.

In this case, the afore mentioned "shall not interfere" will do nicely.  It will give the villagers much comfort.

;D ;D ;D

Extra points for the effective use of sarcasm.  8)

Jim Johnson

Quote from: MaineShark on November 06, 2010, 11:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 06, 2010, 11:09 PM NHFTBlessed is he who seeks the way of the state for he is a tax payer.

I know a number of folks who don't pay taxes, and use the State's system to fight itself.

Statists, like any devout adherents to religious dogma, are trapped by their own way of viewing the world.  They have blinders on, and you can easily lead them around if you do not, because they just can't grasp what you're up to.

They do view the process as "holy."  So, if a warrant article passed saying that the town cop is not allowed to enforce these types of laws, well, it must be right that he no longer enforces those laws.  They will have to accept it, even if it means a complete reversal in what they had just believed, because holy writ trumps all...

Joe

Like warring for peace?
Or fucking for the cause of chastity?