• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Warrant Article town of Grafton re: Enforcement of VictimlessCrimes

Started by Free libertarian, November 04, 2010, 07:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Russell Kanning

it will bring much comfort to the villagers, but will be ignored by the thugs :)

I have liked any action by the unfree grafton townees that makes the system uncomfortable.

We might have to try a warrant article that has grafton secede. I bet they wouldn't even let us talk about it.

Free libertarian

Quote from: DadaOrwell on November 06, 2010, 10:47 PM NHFT
if you want it to get press and buzz, make the warrant article about forbidding victimless crime enforcement as originally planned.
if you want it to pass, make it about *deprioritizing* the same.

Good points, Dave.  As some have pointed out even if it passes, it's likely to be ignored by the "officials".  However if press coverage is all that happens it could be beneficial. 

One reason to attempt it is to  create a win-win.  If it passes and is actually upheld, it's a win.

If it passes and it isn't upheld, the mirror of reality is  held up for all to see.  More people are exposed to the hypocrisy of "their vote counting".  Some will shrug and do nothing, others may begin to see that the things most of us here hold as truth is reality and want to do something.

If it doesn't pass, a bigger mirror is held up.  It serves as a barometer of how far the "villagers" have fallen from knowing right from wrong.  I believe getting  the 25 signatures for it to become a warrant article is very likely.  Besides as  Ambassador, I'm "just doing my job".  :P

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 04, 2010, 06:49 PM NHFT
When there is no local cop the stateys take patrol your town.  Sometimes they do anyway.

...Or the Chief  of Police of another town.   ;)

MaineShark

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 07, 2010, 01:21 AM NHFT
Quote from: MaineShark on November 06, 2010, 11:18 PM NHFT
Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 06, 2010, 11:09 PM NHFTBlessed is he who seeks the way of the state for he is a tax payer.
I know a number of folks who don't pay taxes, and use the State's system to fight itself.

Statists, like any devout adherents to religious dogma, are trapped by their own way of viewing the world.  They have blinders on, and you can easily lead them around if you do not, because they just can't grasp what you're up to.

They do view the process as "holy."  So, if a warrant article passed saying that the town cop is not allowed to enforce these types of laws, well, it must be right that he no longer enforces those laws.  They will have to accept it, even if it means a complete reversal in what they had just believed, because holy writ trumps all...
Like warring for peace?
Or fucking for the cause of chastity?

Not really, no.

Who gets hurt if something like that passes?  It's not a "lesser of two evils" thing.

It's like not warring, for peace.  Seems like not warring, would be a good way head toward peace.  Just being peaceful would be better, but if there are a dozen wars going on, and you can convince the soldiers in one to stop fighting, that's still a move towards peace.

Joe

Russell Kanning

i will sign the warrant article page, but might not bother to show up someday to vote on it :)

dalebert

Quote from: Jim Johnson on November 06, 2010, 02:21 PM NHFT
As we all know, when a document is brought forth and agreed upon by a majority of the village, an armed gang, sworn upon their honor, takes the document and holds it as the will of the people, abiding by it's written word as if it's words had been spoken by God himself.  The armed gang sanctifies the paper with special symbols, recording it's existence and storing it safely.

All is at peace, because a piece paper has been sanctified by a holy process.
We can be reassured that the next time the men with guns "hassle" a villager, we can point towards the place where the  hallowed paper is kept and say, "Look there is a piece of paper."  To which they may reply, "So?"

But we still have the holy process and more paper.

Your post sounded very reminiscent and I had to think for a moment of what it was reminding me of.

Monty Python-Holy Hand Grenade

Free libertarian

Jim Johnson

May the war for peace and chastity continue with the Lord's blessing.
A Guy

Free libertarian

^^^Genesis 1-29    God says (paraphrasing here) " Dude if it's a plant and it's got seeds in it, smoke it! "   Apparently Sensimillia hadn't been invented yet.   

Concerning Chastity (Cher's kid)  I heard she  listened to some Lou Reed  records backwards, grew hair on her legs, took a walk on the wild side and now goes by "Chaz".

Lex

Two years ago there was a warrant article by the selectmen to change from billing for property taxes anually to semi-annually. The warrant article failed. People voted no. Selectmen changed it to twice a year anyways.

My point is that if voters in grafton let slide something so obvious and that affects everyone. The warrant article discussed in this thread, wether it passes or not would be even more irrelevent.

Lex

Every year there is at least one warrant article that passes to then either be ignored by the selectmen or ruled illegal by the state.

Lloyd Danforth

A few years ago Grafton voters passed a warrant article that demanded a 10% reduction in the town budget for 3 years in a row. Guess what?

Free libertarian

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 07, 2010, 12:53 PM NHFT
A few years ago Grafton voters passed a warrant article that demanded a 10% reduction in the town budget for 3 years in a row. Guess what?

Uh, it all went towards raises for the supervisors of the checklist ?  >:D 

Lloyd Danforth

1/3rd of 10% of the budget would almost make the job bearable.