• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Peaceful Assembly Choir

Started by Russell Kanning, November 11, 2010, 05:03 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Kat Kanning

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on November 19, 2010, 11:37 AM NHFT
I've lately been trying to work out something to sing involving chalk, but I'm still thinking that over. 

:D

Sam A. Robrin

So when the Choir reallly gets go-go-going, here's a little idea it  might be fun to try:

Christmas Food Court Flash Mob, Hallelujah Chorus - Must See!

And for those who can't sing:

http://www.choralnet.org/243652

Russell Kanning

for we shall sing and praiaaaas the arbys
forever and ever
have some pretzels, have some donuts

John

I'll be out of town on Tuesday, Thursday, and maybe Saturday.
If folks want to do choir practice here on Monday, Wednesday, and/or Friday that's cool. Just let me know.

Kat Kanning

A proposal:  how about we do a couple of John's songs after Christmas?

John

I happened to be back early because I did one yoga class earlier today and skipped the evening class... Rich was expecting to practice tonight so he came by ...
I'll likely do the evening Sivananda yoga class next week so Monday and/or Wednesday will be better again.

I think maybe we are transitioning to a winter schedule, ahead of schedule, before there even is a schedule.

I'm thinking I'm going to need to leave Tuesdays and Thursdays out of any church scheduling during the winter months.

John

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 09, 2010, 09:08 AM NHFT
A proposal:  how about we do a couple of John's songs after Christmas?

:)

TalleyTV

Choir members & John:

What day of the week would work best for future choir practices? I'm flexible M - F so any input would be appreciated.

We'd like to see more people join our choir.

Big thanks to Kat, Russell, Rich and Evan for lending their time and voices to this cause. Thanks to John for providing use of the church.

John

Recently, I was talking about the possibility of consolidating all Peaceful Assembly Church activities into the weekends during the winter months, and I got some very negative feedback about that.
It might be entirely coincidental but immediately after that some people backed away from some weekend activity here.

Needing to look after my own mind, body, spirit, I'm leaving some time open to myself so that I might engage in some very necessary recharging time... Tuesdays and Thursdays have the most opportunities for me to consolidate some of my recharging activities.

Other than that, I remain flexible.

Quote from: John on December 09, 2010, 05:55 PM NHFTI'm thinking I'm going to need to leave Tuesdays and Thursdays out of any church scheduling during the winter months.

Kat Kanning

Negativity had nothing to do with 'weekends', it was feeling like we were a burden to you by coming over there.

We're open to any day but Monday for choir.

John

:-[
I'm apparently (or should I say evidently?) quite a poor communicator - but I really am trying to improve. Is it just me? I was thinking that I couldn't have been more clear that if nothing else happened here, my preference would be that things continue on weekends.

We started with weekend stuff, and if it turned out that the church cannot handle any more than that, then that is the position I would think makes sense to retreat to.

As I think I generally am, I remain quite flexible.
I was once told, "The tree that does not bend soon breaks," and I've thought that it make sense. Not very hard-ass libertarian objectivist type thinking I'm well aware.

Anyway, my general preference for days of activity here would be in this order:
Top - Sunday (days and evenings)
Next - Saturday (most days and evenings)

After that, something like:
3rd - Wednesday (evening)
4th - Friday (most evenings)
5th - Monday (evenings - Holidays could change this to all day or nothing)

The actual Sukuma proverb: "The wind does not break a tree that bends."
:peace:

TalleyTV

How does Wednesday sound to everyone? Rich e-mailed me that this would be his preferred day. Evan concurred and it works for my schedule also.

John - can the choir expect to be welcomed at the church on Wednesday nights from now on?

John

Quote from: TalleyTV on December 12, 2010, 03:35 PM NHFT
from now on?

Nothing like putting a little pressure on a guy who is trying to be helpful.
No. At this time, I can not commit to "from now on."

Of all the activies and of all the events here so far, and there has been stuff here every week since June, only this has been the source of any real burden. I'm optimistic that this can change.

All other stuff here has been fun. Most get even better as time goes on.
This seemed like it had lots of potential to be lots of fun. It even, kind of, was at the beginning. Maybe it can even be fun in the future.

I realize that life is not always going to be fun. More importantly, this church is not all about me.
If Wednesday works for the choir then please come here on Wednesday.

I'm hoping that the nonviolence class can get back to actually beginning at 7 on Wednesday, so if folks want to practice more than an hour please plan to start earlier.
I recently suggested that maybe the choir could even pick up again after the nonviolence class, but regretfully I am withdrawing that idea.

Rusty, a good friend of mine (of 30+ years) likes to point out that God sometimes tests us in strange ways.
Lately, I've been thinking that, in some ways, "This is a test."
:peace:

Pat K

If this had been an actual test, the emergency broadcast
system.............would have probably completely failed.

Please plan accordingly.  >:D

Kat Kanning