• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

91-A Requests - Anyone know how to do it?

Started by Giggan, November 12, 2010, 06:27 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Giggan

I'm trying to figure out how to make a 91-A request. Has anyone made one before/knows someone who has?

KBCraig

The law only requires that you "reasonably describe" the record(s) you're seeking. If they can't identify what you want, they don't have to produce it. But really, it doesn't have to be in any particular format. It doesn't even have to be in writing (they may request that you put it in writing, but you can refuse). You also don't have to identify yourself, or your reason for seeking the information.

If they don't have the information immediately available, they have five days to respond.

Here's a sample form from Dover.

http://www.ci.dover.nh.us/execpdf/Public%20Information%20Request%20Form.pdf

cathleeninnh

There is, of course, Ed Naile and CNHT, the experts in 91-a.

Free libertarian

It might be a good idea to  document the request by certified mail or a witness....they sometimes
forget, ignore or backdate records....trust me.

jaqeboy

Quote from: Giggan on November 12, 2010, 06:27 PM NHFT
I'm trying to figure out how to make a 91-A request. Has anyone made one before/knows someone who has?

Be sure to call the Attorney General's office and ask them to mail you the latest "Attorney General's Opinion" on RSA 91-A and study up on that.