• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Passive/Agressive - and proud of it?

Started by John, December 02, 2010, 08:42 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

In fact, calling not fulfilling vague expectations "passive-aggressive" seems passive-aggressive to me.    :rofl:

Jim Johnson

Well... now it looks like: either you're beating people up, you don't want anything or you're passive aggressive.

I guess I'll be a PA with John.

John

Quote from: dalebert on December 03, 2010, 11:52 AM NHFTLet Me Google That For You seems kind of passive-aggressive.  Don't you think?   Eh, probably not so much.  It's not really that subtle.  8)

I think it is too funny to be anything but a joke.

John

Quote from: dalebert on December 03, 2010, 11:52 AM NHFTIt's purposefully poor communication like when someone has an issue with you but won't say it directly which makes it really hard to resolve it.  You have to go on a fishing expedition to work stuph out with a passive-aggressive.  I always applied it to someone who has a desire to attack but is too cowardly to just come out and speak their mind openly.

This is not to pick on Dale. It is just to show one case of some possibly "passive/aggressive" characters whom we were just recently reading about in Bible Study here at Peaceful Assembly Church. This story comes to mind because it was so resent that we talked about this story. We were not talking about it as being "passive/aggressive" but, now, it is worth taking another look at in this light - methinks. How many times are there "passive/aggressive" communications in just this one little paragraph? You all might recall this story:

The Woman Caught in Adultery
They went each to his own house, but Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?" This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. And as they continued to ask him, he stood up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to throw a stone at her." And once more he bent down and wrote on the ground. But when they heard it, they went away one by one, beginning with the older ones, and Jesus was left alone with the woman standing before him. Jesus stood up and said to her, "Woman, where are they? Has no one condemned you?" She said, "No one, Lord." And Jesus said, "Neither do I condemn you; go, and from now on sin no more."

How many people in this story had to start doing "fishing expeditions" in their own heads?

Russell Kanning

Jesus also would ask about or quote from the Mosaic Law .... that could be like saying "I'll google that for you." :)
this actually gets funnier the more i think about it.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Jim Johnson on December 03, 2010, 12:50 PM NHFT
Well... now it looks like: either you're beating people up, you don't want anything or you're passive aggressive.

I guess I'll be a PA with John.
exactly
we were talking about that same thing
I guess many people would classify us as passive aggressive when we have certain goals, but are not using physical force.
long live the passive assertive shire folk
maybe we need a shire character that is mister PA

Kat Kanning

OK, everything just clicked....the PA church...it can be Peaceful Assembly church, or the Passive Aggressive church  :o :o :o :o :o

John

John

I'm thinking I'll stick with Peaceful Assembly Church, but liking to have lots of other PACs be part of the church, maybe we can have a Peaceful Assertive Club?
Peaceful Assertivist Camp?
Peaceful Assertiveness Club?
Peaceful Assertive Conference?
Peaceful Assertiveness Comity?
Peaceful Assertiveness Comunity?
Passive Assertive Conference?
Passive Assertive Comunity?
Passive Assertive Comity?
Passive Assertivist Club?
You know: Mix and match; make up your own ...

Anyway, I'm not settled on this yet but, I think I like the idea of saying, "I'm a Passive Assertivist" or "I'm a Peaceful Passive Assertivist," or something nutty like that.
I definitely like "Assertivist."

Kat Kanning

If you played a different type of guitar, you could be the Bassertivist Assertivist.  If you were more self-centered, too, you could be the Nassissertivist Bassertivist Assertivist.

Jacobus

Quote from: dalebert on December 03, 2010, 11:54 AM NHFT
In fact, calling not fulfilling vague expectations "passive-aggressive" seems passive-aggressive to me.    :rofl:

Excellent!  ;D

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 03, 2010, 08:12 AM NHFT
Quote from: Jacobus on December 03, 2010, 06:44 AM NHFT... insults ...that leaves you thinking "was that an insult directed at me?"

That Jacobus and family are a great bunch.  (<--that was directed at you :) )

Thank you  :)