• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

rooming with non porcs?

Started by djbridgeland, October 21, 2009, 07:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

djbridgeland

Has anyone tried this yet? Looking on criagslist there is a plethora of rooms for rent and people looking for roommates in NH. Just curious if anyone has done this before and how it worked out.  While I would love to rent from a fellow porc it doesn't look like anything is open in the Manchester area, and I'm trying to save money. I wouldn't think that there would be problems but I don't know epically in relation to guns and other things that might scare the shipple.       

neggy

It's not like you are a Republican or some other kind of low life.

NH the live free or die state, usually tolerant of others.

PowerPenguin

Just do what I did. Be as "normal" as possible, then let it out one subject at a time in a casual way. If you're confident about your "firearms are a normal thing" etc. People will be OK with it, generally speaking. I'd say human behavior for most individuals is 80% influenced by others and 20% "personal." Just look at the way that people accept organized violence just because "everyone else" seems ok with it, at least on the outside. If you can make liberty "cool and normal," people will convince themselves that they were always for it. Exceptions exist, obviously, but I'd say this can be accepted as at least a general rule.