• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Shelburne N.H.

Started by tomhawk, April 17, 2010, 09:30 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

tomhawk

Hello my good friends,  I haven't been online in quite a while.  sad story.  But anyway I'm getting real close to being able to move to gods country {N.H.}  I'm going to buy a camper trailer and stay in campgrounds till I find my home.  The first place that has caught my eye, just from exploring google maps is. Shelburne, N.H.
  Has anybody been there?  I haven't talked to any Realtors yet.  I'm still not ready to talk turkey yet.  But I would like a few opinions. I would like to get a house on the south side of a mountain.  with a stream on the property.  ideally with a state park on one of my property lines.  Also. I love to burn coal.  Do coal companys deliver up near Berlin?  Please I would like some of your opinions.  yfTomhawk

Lloyd Danforth

Making a living would be tough up there. Participating with other Porcs would be near impossible.

Kat Kanning

Quote from: tomhawk on April 17, 2010, 09:30 PM NHFT
Hello my good friends,

I can't think of any sense in which I would be considered your 'good friend',

KBCraig

Shelburne is beautiful. It's also expensive, because it's a town highly resistant to any use of the land other than fine homes on big acreage, all of it conforming to "their" idea of scenic rural New England. Other than a B&B or two, and those who hire caretakers/landscapers/etc., I don't think there is any business or employer in Shelburne.

When a highly rural town of less than 400 population has its own zoning and subdivision ordinances, I know it's not for me.

PowerPenguin

Never heard of Shelburne until now, but if KB's right, it doesn't sound cool. If you're looking for rural-but-free, Grafton is always there, and places like Plymouth or even Rochester/Barington aren't horrible w/ zoning. I live in a zoning-schizo area (ie, a typical NH "city"), but I deal w/ it because I'm a city slicker who likes having a very short commute to work (Sell-out? You decide! 8-)).

What it comes down to is what are your top priorities?

For me it was:

1. Work
2. City/cultural atmosphere
3. Proximity to other cities and relevant activism centers. (The exception unfortunately being Keene since I live on the Seacoasts :'()

Kat Kanning

He left in a snit because I pointed out he wasn't my 'good friend'.  Very dedicated to freedom.

AntonLee

if you can't take the heat.  . . .

Berlin sounds nice this time of year.

Riddler

don't you ever stop ass-kissing/sucking up?
dude asked a reasonable question, in a very friendly manner & the queen cunted down on him.
no wonder he headed out.
clique-on

btw, can you see your dick yet?
still have to take the shoe-shine-boy's word?

AntonLee

I actually shine my own shoes, and I get it, but it wasn't a very good attempt.  Try again though.  You should add in polish jokes, perhaps those would be funny. 

robertrogers

Gorham (right next door) is my home town.  The economy in that area is in shambles.

AntonLee

interesting counter economy up there that runs on prescription meds.