• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Happy Christmas - WAR IS OVER!

Started by John, December 21, 2010, 10:57 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

I've observed that often, a bookshelf is to a libertarian what a trophy rack is to an athlete.
:)
There are some books on this site:
http://www.john-lennon.com/index_john_lennon.html

John

Did you ever notice where this billboard mesage was placed?

Kat Kanning

Quote from: John on December 26, 2010, 03:13 PM NHFT
I've observed that often, a bookshelf is to a libertarian what a trophy rack is to an athlete.
:)

LOL :)

littlehawk

Sam A. Robrin

Last time I measured, I had eight feet of books about the Beatles.
And I stand by my statement.  The guy who said "If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao," etc., was shortly thereafter.  It was as if he'd never heard the words to his own song.

littlehawk

It's no wonder why they killed that commie! Thanks Sam!  ::)

John

And some libertarians are apparently quite macho about their trophy racks.  :duh:

"Last time" and "eight feet" you say. How often do you measure? I'm thinking that maybe you've even read some that you do not own? How many feet would that make it?
How many feet are on Lennon himself? How many are about John and Yoko? Are any of them any good?

So anyway, do you think that John Lennon harmed or helped the Peace movement?
And, by how much?

HAPPY CHRISTMAS  :peace:

Sam A. Robrin

In the 1960s and early 70s, he clearly helped end the ongoing war in Vietnam--but he left a legacy of ignorant trendy Marxism that has since done a lot of harm.

(And someone asked me how many Beatles books I had, and it was easier to measure than count, so I did.)

KBCraig

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 27, 2010, 01:44 AM NHFT
In the 1960s and early 70s, he clearly helped end the ongoing war in Vietnam--but he left a legacy of ignorant trendy Marxism that has since done a lot of harm.
Being anti-that war, under that administration, is not nearly the same as being "anti-war" in general.

Just as the disillusioned Obama voters who thought it would be all peace and daisies by now.

John

I've observed that over and over again in this word, when the "capitalist" war machine brutalizes people long enough, now and again someone will pick up an anti-capitalist banner and wave it for a while.

Maybe, just maybe, if the ruling classes would let folks like Mr. Lennon live a full life we could then learn more about (and from) them as they age.

Mr. Lennon was struck down in the hail of an assassin's bullets in time to save the right wing loonies the embarrassment of this "hippie, house husband" speaking out against their HUGE, WORLDWIDE -and yes, even admittedly FOR PROFIT - Iran/Contra type networks.
Can you just imagine the absolute horror in the filthy black hearts of those at the top of the various war machines to see John and Yoko getting back into bed together   :) in their "Starting Over" video.
I'm not inclined to believe that Mr. Lennon was about to start telling us that the left wing "Marxist" death squads are somehow better than the right wing "capitalist" ones are.

Was John Lennon entirely consistant? Hell no. He directly contradicted himself sometimes.
Most human beings are not 100% consistant. John Lennon was human.

I'm thinking that Mr. Lennon did more to make this a more Peaceful planet than I will ever be able to do.
John Lennon inspires me (and many others) to try, and that is also part of his legacy.

John Lennon - Starting Over

Sam A. Robrin

I think it was more economic ignorance, particularly the common lefty error of equating poverty with violence, that put the lie to most of his peace work.
Though what bothered me most was his adding "in" to "When you talk about destruction, Don't you know that you can count me out."  The lyric to that song is so emphatic that the conflicted nature evidenced by that addendum calls me to question his authorship.  (Or maybe it was really Paul...?)

John

Quote from: Sam A. Robrin on December 27, 2010, 12:36 PM NHFT(Or maybe it was really Paul...?)

I think wikipedia says/said it was a conflicted John, but I forget.

But, I'm glad you asked that for several reasons ... Mostly because I think it saves me from asking if you are "one of those" who is "still" mad at Yoko.  ;D

Anyway, I refuse to go down the Beatles mysteries rabbit hole. And if anyone wants to take it there PLEASE start a separate Beatles mysteries rabbit hole thread, which I will not read.
I will however tell you that I have almost ALWAYS thought that the Beatles did not write all of their own stuff.  ;)

Now back to this:
Instant Karma - John lennon

WAR IS OVER! - IF YOU WANT IT.

Russell Kanning

think of what john lennon did for ugly women ... by marrying one

btw i don't have any beeuuls or lenin books
but i do have a few trophies around :)

John