• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Thank you Russell

Started by John, December 26, 2010, 06:53 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Before you leave, I wanted to say thank you here and then others can join in.
I was thinking of thanking 3 people all in one thread but that didn't seem to make sense, so I'm starting 3 separate threads.
If you and/or Kat and/or Kira deem that the threads are best together, then they can be combined.

I'm just noticing the time ... so I'll keep it extremely brief for now and return later.
For now:

You've been a friend. Thank you.
For your activism; thank you.

You will be greatly missed.
more later ...

Free libertarian

The first time I met Russell a few years ago, I told him thanks for what he's done and I was proud to know him.   That hasn't changed.   His courage and peaceful demeanor has always been inspiring to me.  There may be others that will step up, but there's only one Russell.   May you topple all the windmills that you deem need toppling my friend.  Thank you.

TalleyTV

My time with Russell has been shorter than most of yours but he's had a considerable impact on my life since we've become Free Grafton neighbors.

He gave me and others a chance by teaching us construction and giving us work. He's a good boss. Very patient and interested in teaching rather than telling.

His Free Grafton Elections inspired the concept of a Free Grafton and an Unfree Grafton directly competing with one another. In a fun, good spirited way.

Russell and Kat inspired many with their activism, including myself.

But they have an important mission ahead of them. As Russell points out, it's the manifest destiny for the Shire to extend to the Pacific. While they will be missed, their work continues. As does ours.

Russell Kanning

TackleTheWorld

Hey Russell, remember hanging out in Ed Brown's garage waiting for a swat raid?  How about when the rec director of Keene said you couldn't burn flags in the park?  You just said, Yeah, we're going to do it anyway.  The social security card burn was one of the first public events with a crowd of supporters, that was fun.  And the new time zone of New Hampshire Free Time (pronounced Nifty). My favorite was the day you got kidnapped by the Keene police for attempting to climb the stairs to the IRS office, then when we were scrambling around town trying to find you, there you were in front of the post office getting kidnapped again.  You're always coming up with new ideas, and unhinging the opponents with that laid-back attitude.  I hope I can be as good an example of non-violence-with-a-smile as you have been.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on December 27, 2010, 01:40 PM NHFT
Hey Russell, remember hanging out in Ed Brown's garage waiting for a swat raid?  How about when the rec director of Keene said you couldn't burn flags in the park?  You just said, Yeah, we're going to do it anyway.  The social security card burn was one of the first public events with a crowd of supporters, that was fun.  And the new time zone of New Hampshire Free Time (pronounced Nifty). My favorite was the day you got kidnapped by the Keene police for attempting to climb the stairs to the IRS office, then when we were scrambling around town trying to find you, there you were in front of the post office getting kidnapped again.  You're always coming up with new ideas, and unhinging the opponents with that laid-back attitude.  I hope I can be as good an example of non-violence-with-a-smile as you have been.
ah yes .... all those crazy times at ed brown's
it is so funny when the government workers expect to be able to intimidate you (like the keene park issue) and then we just say we are going ahead anyhow
it really disturbs them when they are not getting our consent to be slaves

John

Friday

Russell, thanks for helping move my stuph into the Freehold.  Here's a blast from the past on my soon-to-be-removed blog:
A Man for All Seasons

Best wishes on your new adventures.  Have fun storming the castle!

Russell Kanning

FTL_Ian

Russell,

You were a big inspiration to me and I second Lauren's appreciation of your positive demeanor.

Don't stay gone forever!

Jacobus

Russell, thank you for doing activism that makes people think "can people really live free like that?"  Thank you for the entertaining interviews and activism I've seen on Ridley Report.  Thank you for helping me move in to my new home.  Thank you for setting an example that was one of the major influences in my reading Tolstoy and honestly asking "What is all this Jesus stuff about?"  I probably would not be attending a church right now if not for that influence.

WithoutAPaddle

I'll bite.  Who's leaving, what are they leaving, why are they leaving, and where are they going? 

And while we're at it, how did "Ernie" ever become the third son, and whatever happened to Richie Cunningham's older brother?

John

Kat Kanning

Dave Ridley