• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Free Ward Bird - Welcome General Court

Started by MikeforLiberty, December 29, 2010, 11:05 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeforLiberty

The Reps are hitting Concord on the 5th of Jan. I'll be greeting them from 8-10 a.m. Come to the State House and join in the fun!
No victim no crime!
Never Talk to Cops!
Statutes are not Law!
FreeWardBird.org

Free libertarian

Hello Laconia.   I'm curious, you mention "statutes are not law".   What are you referring to ?

Jim Johnson

I think he means statutes are not common law.

MikeforLiberty

Mala prohibita vs. mala in se, is what I meant. No victim, no crime.

Free libertarian

No victim, no crime...what a concept!   ;D

Jim Johnson

Free libertarian

I should have known, but sometimes reading all that "common law" stuff can be a Thomas Paine in the ass.   :P

John

Something I started doing yesterday is so very simple that anyone/everyone can do, and it doesn't cost you a cent, and you don't even have to go out of your way:

As you are out and about, when/if you see a FREE WARD BIRD sign on the side of the road which appears to be leaning to one side (even just a bit) or almost completely falling over - RESCUE IT! before it falls over completely, and disappears into the snow, or becomes ruined.
Straitening up signs is easy. Anyone can STOP AND DO IT.
It takes almost no time, it helps the cause, and at the same time helps to keep New Hampshire beautiful.
If YOU don't do it, who will?
KEEP NEW HAMPSHIRE BEATIFUL - RESCUE A FREE WIRD BIRD SIGN.

(It will not usually be the case but, if you find the sign to be kind of dirty, you can usually use just a bit of nearby snow to clean it off a bit, if you feel like it.)

Kat, You said that you saw a Free Ward Bird sign yesterday. Was it on the right side of the road on the way back to Grafton, or did you notice it on the way out also?

Free libertarian

Thanks for being there Laconia and thanks Garrett / Free Concord for covering this. 

Alot of Ward Bird Supporters may be getting their first taste of "justice".  His situation has the potential to open alot of eyes.   

TackleTheWorld

Rumors that Ward Bird is out:
The New Hampshire Executive Council voted to free Ward Bird, the farmer who became a cause celebre after being jailed for threatening a trespasser with a gun.

Ward became a folk hero to Tea Party activists, gun rights proponents and libertarians who staged noisy rallies and waved "Free Ward Bird" signs.

"I don't need people using me as a cause," Bird told the Associated Press recently. "I just want to be home with my family."

Russell Kanning

"using me as a cause"
were these guys promoting anything but his freedom? I didn't see much stuff tacked onto his rallies or ideas that are riding his coattails
Was he in jail for a while?
If so I am glad if he is back out.

AntonLee

Free libertarian

I did see where some schmuck had put in links to http://nhjury.com/  a couple times in the comments section on the free ward bird website. 

Maybe that's  "the cause" he's referring to? Hope I, er I mean "the schmuck" didn't overstep the boundaries there.  If so the schmuck apologizes .   :blush:   In my zeal I don't want to cram freedom down anybody's throat....even if they're in jail for a stupid reason.

MikeforLiberty

He made that statement from the inside so likely never saw your comment. I'm sure it's hard to be the center of attention but when the attention gets you out of prison there's not much to complain about. I did a fair bit to push the cause and I'll tell you the CAUSE was not Ward Bird the CAUSE is LIBERTY. I haven't met Ward and I wonder what kind of conversation we might have; I think he suffers from the gov. brainwashing to this day. I found it ironic that people who said he got what he deserved were more in Ward's camp of trusting juries to render correct decisions.

To end on a positive note; I find in talking about the police state with my 'normal' friends, they can all come up with a story to back up the belief. I take that as a positive, you can't even think about fixing something if you don't know there is a problem.