• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Hampshire license plates

Started by Friday, November 06, 2005, 07:52 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Friday

Does anybody else find it kind of embarassing that state license plates feature the Old Man of the Mountain, which isn't even THERE anymore?

Also, is it hypocritical to give the guvmint extra money for a moose plate if you just plain LIKE moose plates?

Hmmmmmmm.

Pat McCotter

Did they outsource to another state's prison? ;D

cathleeninnh

OMG!

She's questioning the Old Man!

I have found that is the one thing you do don't do. I have no love affair with him. I was curious enough to stop and stare at --- a cliff.

Natives LOVE the guy.

Cathleen

AlanM

Quote from: cathleeninnh on November 06, 2005, 09:30 AM NHFT
OMG!

She's questioning the Old Man!

I have found that is the one thing you do don't do. I have no love affair with him. I was curious enough to stop and stare at --- a cliff.

Natives LOVE the guy.

Cathleen

For SHAME!!!! How can you question the OLd Man?
Yup, us natives have a real fondness for the old guy. He represented the strength and independence of us Yankee folk. He was always there, rock solid. A friend to all. Now he's gone. To be relaced by...........a porcupine, perhaps?

AlanM

Quote from: Scott Roth on November 06, 2005, 10:06 AM NHFT
Maybe Shorty can finally become really famous here in NH.? Long live Shorty!

Some folks in Upton's Corner thought the Old Man had a remarkable resemblance to Shorty Dawkins.  ;) Or was that the other way around?  ;D

Russell Kanning

The old man thought Shorty had a remarkable resemblance to Upton's Corner?

Kat Kanning

Scott, is your avatar the Old Man before he fossilized?

Dreepa

Quote from: Friday on November 06, 2005, 07:52 AM NHFT
Does anybody else find it kind of embarassing that state license plates feature the Old Man of the Mountain, which isn't even THERE anymore?

Also, is it hypocritical to give the guvmint extra money for a moose plate if you just plain LIKE moose plates?

Hmmmmmmm.
That is an interesting thought.  Because my wife wanted a moose and I said.. $35 for the damn moose?

She has the moose.
I am getting my car registered next week of the People's Republic of CA ever send me my title.  Old man for me.

AlanM

Quote from: russellkanning on November 06, 2005, 11:22 AM NHFT
The old man thought Shorty had a remarkable resemblance to Upton's Corner?

Something like that.  ???

Michael Fisher

Why would you voluntarily pay more taxes?   ???

Pat K

When they were looking for suggestions for NY plates I sent in an entry with a big middle finger on it.

They did not go with that.

Kat Kanning

KBCraig

Maybe the other states should offer a competing plate. Take the "I (heart) NY", and replace the heart with the finger. Should be a big seller!

Michael Fisher

Let's start selling customizable non-government front license plates to benefit the LSF.  ;D

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 07, 2005, 01:12 PM NHFT
Let's start selling customizable non-government front license plates to benefit the LSF.? ;D

How do you do that?  I thought you had to have two plates in NH?