• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Arkansas game officials probe mystery of falling birds

Started by Raineyrocks, January 03, 2011, 12:34 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Raineyrocks

Quote from: KBCraig on January 03, 2011, 08:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 03, 2011, 11:31 AM NHFT
Isn't Arkansas pronounced like this rcansaw?   I wonder why it is spelled so weird.... :-\

Ask the Francophones. Just like NH, Arkansas is full of strange place names that are English spellings of French transliterations of Indian names.

Thanks, interesting!  :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 04, 2011, 10:40 AM NHFT
maybe it's god flipping us the bird(s) ?

;D  That's more logical than some other stuff I've read, like fireworks, birds committing mass suicides.

Raineyrocks

Here's an interesting theory that I read about what's happening, the guy admits he doesn't know for sure and I like that kind of objectivity.
http://www.naturalnews.com/030996_bird_deaths_pole_shift.html

Then here's a link to a lady talking about some strange things:

Operation Black Swan Killing Birds, Fish, People!

I don't know if this is a common occurence but here's one from cnn that doesn't have to do with birds dying but a pole shift:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/12/shift-of-earths-magnetic-north-pole-affects-florida-airport/?hpt=T2

MaineShark

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 19, 2011, 10:07 AM NHFTHere's an interesting theory that I read about what's happening, the guy admits he doesn't know for sure and I like that kind of objectivity.
http://www.naturalnews.com/030996_bird_deaths_pole_shift.html

Not really.  For example, he says that "the Earth's magnetic field "flips" (or reverses polarity) every few thousand years," which is not true.  It can happen in tens of thousands of years, at a short span, but has gone tens of millions of years, on occasion.

It's nowhere near the common occurrence that he tries to imply.

And then he goes on about "space clouds," that are actually clouds in the upper atmosphere, not space.  And links to some article that mentions that it's hypothetically possible for hydrogen cyanide to exist in space.  That doesn't mean it's actually, there, unfortunately for his theory.  After all, it's hypothetically possible for a baseball to exist in space, but that doesn't mean the earth is getting bombarded with baseballs.

Or, "we also know that weird things are happening to our planet's magnetic poles and weather systems."  No, we don't know anything of the sort.  The slow shifting of the earth's magnetic poles is not weird; it's been going on since the planet formed, and will continue to go on for a few billion years.  Just because the average guy-on-the-street doesn't know about it, and is startled when he learns about it, does not mean that it's weird.  The magnetic field is generated in the core and mantle, which are fluid.  If it actually stayed put, that would be weird.

And I haven't noticed any weird weather.  Everyone likes to talk about weird weather, but that's been a favorite topic of conversation for thousands of years, just like complaining about "kids these days."  In reality, the weather is about the same, and kids are no more (or less) disrespectful than they were when Plato wrote his essay on how disrespectful kids were becoming.

Joe

MaineShark

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 19, 2011, 10:31 AM NHFTChemtrails, maybe?

http://aircrap.org/former-fbi-chief-ted-gunderson-says-chemtrail-death-dumps-must-be-stopped/33301/

From the comments: "All of us, individually, need to support those who are speaking out, loudly and with cash donations. If not, we're toast." [emphasis added]

And that is the basis of the whole myth.  Write a book about some imaginary phenomenon, then ask for money.

There are plenty of real dangers to be worried about, without inventing fake ones.  Cops and such are a real danger.  But, of course, opposing armed thugs is scary, so folks like to oppose imaginary boogeymen.  Imaginary boogeymen don't chain you up and lock you in cages...

Joe

littlehawk

Colleen Thomas is great.

One can continue to make jokes and dismiss aerosol spraying if they wish. There  will come a time when it will slap people upside the head and at that point it could be too late. IMO, it already is too late.

The future should be quite revealing as things are coming to a boiling point.

MaineShark

Quote from: littlehawk on January 19, 2011, 04:42 PM NHFTOne can continue to make jokes and dismiss aerosol spraying if they wish.

Only because it's completely and utterly false.  Might as well argue that the earth is flat.

Quote from: littlehawk on January 19, 2011, 04:42 PM NHFTThere  will come a time when it will slap people upside the head and at that point it could be too late. IMO, it already is too late.

It's too late for a lot of things, because too many folks waste too much time and energy on myth, instead of reality.  There are real, actual problems that need to be addressed.

Joe

Kat Kanning

There's never been a pole reversal while humans were around.

Raineyrocks

Jim Johnson

Lloyd Danforth

littlehawk

We shouldn't be around for too much longer... then the earth can finally have her cleanse from all the filth we gave her.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on January 20, 2011, 10:06 AM NHFT
There's never been a pole reversal while humans were around.

I don't know about that I've seen Tony S. try to have both sides of the argument simultaneously lots of times.    :P   

(just kidding Tony don't shoot me)