• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

nhjury.com how you can help

Started by Free libertarian, January 04, 2011, 09:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

nhjury.com was created to promote raising jurors awareness of the right to nullify bad law.

We have lots of plans.  Among those plans are raising awareness through roadside signs.
Some of the planned signs are billboard type and will require volunteer time, money and good locations on high traffic roads, we'll likely talk more about those needs and accomplishments in the future.

FOR NOW - Other signs could be made much quicker.  Here's how;

We can recycle old political signs, by spray painting over the political message and stencilling in our message.  What we need help with is ;

1) Old political signs similar to the type seen in many yards and roadsides around election time.

2) Metal stands for signs

3) Donations of stencil sets and spray paint

4)  Locations to put the signs...why not YOUR yard ?

5)  Cash donations to buy any sign materials etc.  not donated.   

As seed money an anonymous donor has already committed $50....no donation too small.

Okay who can help?  Who'd like a yard sign?

Dave Ridley

reusing old signs sounds like an awesome idea!  the rest of it does to at first glance!   I will probably do something along the lines of a ridleo about this and then link to this thread.

thank you !

Free libertarian

Here's another way people can help.

When reading an article online that has a "victimless crime" aspect you could take the time to post a comment and link people to http://nhjury.com/

I usually post this link with a short message about how the "criminal" can be saved by an informed jury.   Quick and easy.  Thanks for any help.

If I'm not among the first commenters, I "cheat" by replying to the one of the first commenters so the message can get read.

Free libertarian

There is a New Hampshire house bill "in committee"  being studied that will allow jury nullification
instructions to be heard in trials.   I think it is HB-146.

No public hearing scheduled yet.   I will likely follow this bill, hold my nose and go to Concord to speak on this.  I'll try to update ahead of time when the public hearing will be scheduled, but if anybody beats me to it, cool.

Last year at a hearing, reknowned liberty activist Rich A.  pointed out that the only people that seem to oppose telling jurors of their right to nullify were Judges, prosecutors and cops...go figure.      Also the Judge that spoke against it at length has been "promoted."   :-[

Judge Lynn was the head of the Superior Court judges and recently joined the NH Supreme Court.

I recognize for many on this forum attending anything political could turn you into a pumpkin or cause you to break out in a cold sweat.  I can respect that.   For those like me, that are more amphibious regarding activism I urge you to consider showing up to support this bill or help me glower at the liberty thieves. 

TalleyTV

Talented graphic designer and activist Smeg McLain from the Keene Activism Center has offered to design new brochures for New Hampshire Jury Outreach for the low low price of $50.
Please consider visiting NH Jury.com to chip in and help us tell jurors "live free & nullify!

Free libertarian

We've reached our donation goal of $50 to have our own brochures designed.   Next up we'll be trying to raise some funds for Signs and / or sign materials.   

THANKS FOR YOUR SUPPORT. 

Free libertarian

On 1/27/11  at 11:00 am in Concord, LOB Room 208  there is a public hearing on HB-146.

I'll be holding my nose as I enter the place where laws are made, but I AM going to support passage of this bill.  If there was ever a time that a bill was designed for government to lose power and that of the individual to gain it, this is it.

If this bill passes judges MUST allow jury nullification arguments in "their" courtroom. 

I hope to see you there. Bring your own clothespin.

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

For the price of a large coffee and a couple of donuts you can become a "couch activist".  That's right for as little as $5 you can become part of the liberty movement and never leave your couch.  ;D

Okay I'm blatantly begging,  for funds to procure signs.  If your circumstances won't allow you to actively participate, but you like our project, there is a way you can help!

Visit http://nhjury.com/  to help us raise money for signs.   

Couch activist?  What won't I stoop to ?   ::)

Lloyd Danforth

$5.00! Have you been buying coffee and donuts at Starbucks without me??!!

John

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 20, 2011, 04:26 AM NHFT
On 1/27/11  at 11:00 am in Concord, LOB Room 208  there is a public hearing on HB-146.

If I send this to them do you think they'll care: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2rRyROYWqg&feature=player_embedded#!

How many times has this issue been before these evil politicians at the state house who refuse to demand that the courtrooms be run as they were designed to be run?
This has been happening for many many years. Sometimes it has even come close.
YAY! They let it get close. YAY!  :(
It has been before them with Republicans in control and it has been before them with Democrats in control.
Guess what: they want to keep a VERY TIGHT GRIP on their control.
The legislative, the executive, and the judicial branches do not want the juries to behave as juries were designed to behave. They want all the power all for themselves.

I have a rotton feeling that they are going to let this get VERY close this time --- before they kill it again.
Meet the new boss ... !

Free libertarian

Your prediction could be right John,...All the more reason for us to put out signs and continue to try to educate jurors in other ways, like pamphletting, bumper stickers, pins, videoes, interviews and newspaper articles etc.  We've got your testimony from last year at NHJury.com, hopefully there will be testimony from others this year that we can use.  I do understand your frustration with the process and can't blame you if you feel "they" aren't listening or that there should even be a "they".

Going to speak at a hearing isn't for me an adoption or endorsement of that process or system as "good", it is an acknowledgement that it IS the system we are presently "held" under.  I'm the kind of guy that will try to pound in nails with a hammer, but if I can't find a hammer I'll use a rock if that's all that's available.     

And on that thought, I wonder if I could put up a sign using a rock instead of a hammer?    ;D

John

I've already quit voting on the national level: I will no longer vote for US president, US senate, or US rep.

At the state house, this year, the Fully Informed Jury issue could be is the one which determines if I'll quit voting on a state level. Its now or never. It either makes it - all the way - into the courtrooms - without being completely watered down - or I'm just finished.

I'm trying to get myself motivated to go back to that building and testify one more time, but I'm very, very, very, very tied of these pretenders-of-limited-government at the statist house.

I've helped several people in the state legislature before, and I am willing to make phone calls to say hello and to remind them. But I'm finding it hard to get motivated to do that.

Jacobus