• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

nhjury.com how you can help

Started by Free libertarian, January 04, 2011, 09:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

Thanks to all who contributed to the sign fund!!! 

We hope to place an order this week for "yard signs" .  Details are not finalized, but we may wish to give these signs good homes in strategic locations in high traffice areas.  If that's you...let's talk.

Stay tuned.  Updates to follow.

John

One of the reasons for creating the Liberty, Justice, and Peace Gathering was to make available a forum for folks like nhjury.com (and others) in the absence of the FSP event, which got canceled.

Got any fliers, or the like?

Free libertarian

^^^ No fliers yet.  In the works though.  I take responsibility for some of the delay as I've been very busy working on another legal / freedom issue.

With that said, I should add, that it appears a motion put in by a county prosecutor to limit "others" from distributing literature will be ruled against.  I say "appears" since the judge's ruling is not issued yet.  A hearing concerning this happened last week at Grafton County Superior Court.

As a bit of explanation, a certain jovial activist, distantly related to Santa Claus, was threatened with bail condition changes for "distributing pamphlets" at the trial of a woman accused of growing plants.  This activist, if the prosecutor got her way would have been denied his first amendment right of free speech and also have been made liable for the actions of anybody else that chose of their free will to hand out pamphlets in the future. 

I hope to provide a more complete analysis soon with clearer details...now I go back to doing legal research in hopes of finding the proper incantation to be able to... ahem..."live free or die".

Tom Sawyer

Thank you for pressing forward on this.

Free libertarian

It looks like HB-146 is in dire distress.  This is a legislative bill that will SHRINK GOVERNMENT CONTROL.  I generally do not give endorsements to anything political and can understand the
recoil of any readers here to this controversial topic.   

However...if the bill passes it accomplishes this -  Judges and or prosecutors CANNOT prevent defendant's from raising a jury nullification argument or informing jurors of a right they likely don't even know they possess.

At the risk of burning any activist cred. I might have, I ask people to consider calling Rep. Rowe
the judiciary committee chair to seek reconsideration, to bring the bill back from the dead and
send it thru with an "ought to pass" , so that it can go on to become law.  I do endorse ACTIONS that essentially advance "no victim, no crime" concepts into mainstream consciousness.

I CALLED 271-3184  and spoke to a pleasant bureaucrat secretary lady and asked her to
express my deepest concern to  Rep. Rowe that this bill is in danger of being put thru as
"inexpedient to legislate" and that it should be revived and eventually made law etc.

Free libertarian

The "jury nullification" bill hb-146 is revived and being sent back to the committee after they wanted to nix it. That is no guarantee of ultimate passage into law, but the house voted 208 -71 (or something like that) to send it back to the committee for more "study".  I'll try to update again when / if there is any news.

Russell Kanning

i guess the aclu is on the side of the lawyers
maybe since the prosecution and baliffs work for the state, we should have the judge and jury be random people who don't get government paychecks

Free libertarian

Catch up on our friend Julian H.  and what he's up to here with his federal case ----

http://tyrannyfighters.com/

Free libertarian

An update on the Jury nullification bill.  I heard that it passed the house of Represntatives recently.  I don't have many details yet or know the vote count.  Obviously it has a ways to go to make it into law, but it ain't dead yet!

The irony for me is I was just taking a break from writing a motion seeking reconsideration of a judges order against me, where he ordered that there is no such thing as "the right of jury nullification"  and I better not mumble boo about it or I'd be in contempt.  Well at least he got that right...I do find denial of justice worthy of contempt.   Anyway pray to whatever god(s) you believe in that this passes and becomes law.  It will be a kick ass victory for liberty if judges must give jury nullification instructions.

John

Quote from: Free libertarian on March 16, 2011, 07:56 PM NHFThe ordered that there is no such thing as "the right of jury nullification"  and I better not mumble boo about it

VERY bad news. Sorry to hear it.
I believe that this judge is a lier and a dangerous gangster. I hold him in comtempt.
The devil must be proud of him.

John

Does the legislator dare stand up to the "judicial" tyrants?

Maybe the courts have gone too far too fast (with their assaults against "legislative power/authority" over the years) and the legislature is about to try to put them on a leash.

Free libertarian

Quote from: John on March 16, 2011, 10:15 PM NHFT
Quote from: Free libertarian on March 16, 2011, 07:56 PM NHFThe ordered that there is no such thing as "the right of jury nullification"  and I better not mumble boo about it

VERY bad news. Sorry to hear it.
I believe that this judge is a lier and a dangerous gangster. I hold him in comtempt.
The devil must be proud of him.

I doubt I'll mumble...I can enunciate pretty well when I need to.   ;)

Free libertarian

NHJury.com signs arrived!  We ordered 100 signs, they are about 18 x 24 and we'll start putting some out there in visible locations throughout the State.

Got a yard on a well traveled Public way ? 

Have an APARTMENT with a window that faces the street and sees some traffic?

Doing jury outreach ? 

We might have sign for you.   

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K

I see one of the attack cats is guarding the sign,
good thinking.