• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Moose chicken

Started by Pat K, January 12, 2011, 01:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat K

Oh those crazy Moose playing chicken.

KBCraig

;D

Reminds me of an Army buddy who had been an MP at Fort Wainwright, Alaska. They had some problem moose, and got called to the post housing area after on big bull stuck his head through a kitchen window and then departed while wearing curtains.

They found said moose in a parking lot, and his partner shot him in the butt with a bird load. A bird load is a 12 gauge shotgun round that propels a big firecracker up into a tree where it explodes, to scare away birds. This big firecracker hit the moose in the butt, bounced off, and exploded about two feet directly behind him.

My buddy reported that the moose departed the AO rapidly, after jumping over a 3/4 ton 4WD pickup without touching it.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on January 12, 2011, 01:06 AM NHFT
Oh those crazy Moose playing chicken.

Wow, that is such a cool picture.  I didn't know moose could jump, awesome!

David

My father once told me if I am driving and my choices were suddenly to hit the deer in the road or a tree, then I should run the damn deer over because the tree aint moving when you hit it.  After telling a buddy what my father told me, he said what should you do if the option is moose or tree, and I said you should pray, because neither are moving.   ;D

dalebert

I heard the problem is that they DO move and they are top-heavy.  You tend to knock the skinny legs out from under them and all that mass hits your windshield which is why they kill a lot of people.  Just what I heard.

Jim Johnson

Just be alert, the world needs more lerts.

Russell Kanning

my dad taught me to not ride with david or dale at night in the woods of the shire

David

Hey, I'm a good driver.  Particularly at night, in the rain, and in heavy traffic.  Just ask the HomelandStupidity.us guy.   ;D  He never got in the car again.   :blush:

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on June 13, 2011, 02:40 PM NHFT
my dad taught me to not ride with david or dale at night in the woods of the shire

Well, right, but I don't think that had anything to do with my driving...

Tom Sawyer

"Bend over I'll drive."    ;D ;D ;D

Pat K

Quote from: Tom Sawyer on July 15, 2011, 07:23 PM NHFT
"Bend over I'll drive."    ;D ;D ;D

Yeah their not called the fighting faggots for nothing. ;D

Lloyd Danforth

I thought the 'FF' (Pink Berets) was a new fighting unit to be announced soon by the pentagon.

Lloyd Danforth

Every time I see this topic I get a kick out of it being placed in 'parties and other fun stuff'

Russell Kanning

Raineyrocks

Quote from: David on June 07, 2011, 12:08 PM NHFT
My father once told me if I am driving and my choices were suddenly to hit the deer in the road or a tree, then I should run the damn deer over because the tree aint moving when you hit it.  After telling a buddy what my father told me, he said what should you do if the option is moose or tree, and I said you should pray, because neither are moving.   ;D

Yup, I agree with your dad about the deer and your buddy about the moose.  :)   Then again, I knew someone that accidentally, (sp?), hit a horse with their car and lived.  :dontknow:  I also knew someone that tried to avoid hitting a deer and ran into a tree and died.  :(