• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Room 1 or 2 miles from Keene $300

Started by dalebert, January 12, 2011, 01:32 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

dalebert

Small room in Marlborough, center of town, a short walk from the Post Office and the Vegetarian Cafe.  Has a half bed and a wardrobe.  Enough room for a small desk.  Wifi included.  Includes an off-street parking space.  Split oil and electric with other roommates.  About to be repainted.  Roommates must approve.

Pat K

Jim Johnson

Stop complaining... there is a wardrobe.  Maybe you could put another half bed in the small desk space.

dalebert

I have had that habit my whole life-- referring to singles as halves.  I guess I derived it from a full and imagining that to be for two people sleeping side-by-side, so a single is a half.  *shrug*  I like to make up my own words.  It's very liberating, at the cost of impeding communication and possibly inciting ridicule.

Lloyd Danforth

For marketing purposes refer to it as a 'twin' bed.  Which brings on the question, Dale. Do you sleep on a 'twin', standard, or the next largest size?

Russell Kanning

half a bed sounds vey cramped
a twin bed makes you want to search for the other one

so is this at your place or someplace else Dale?

dalebert

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 13, 2011, 07:27 AM NHFT
so is this at your place or someplace else Dale?

It's in the house where I live now, yes.  I don't know which kind of twin it is.  I thought "twin" implied there were two of them.  There's only one.

Lloyd Danforth

dalebert

Lloyd Danforth

Watch any 50's or early 60's sitcom and you will see every married couple in Twin Beds. I think the Dick Van Dyke show was the first to show a married couple in one bed.

KBCraig

Quote from: dalebert on January 13, 2011, 01:41 PM NHFT
Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 13, 2011, 12:40 PM NHFT
Half a set.

So we have come full circle.  It's a half bed.
The next size up being a "Full", and a twin being about half the size of a full, then... yes.

Your word isn't standard, but it makes perfect sense.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 13, 2011, 03:02 PM NHFT
Watch any 50's or early 60's sitcom and you will see every married couple in Twin Beds. I think the Dick Van Dyke show was the first to show a married couple in one bed.
that kinda confused me as a kid
i figured my parents musta liked each other more than these tv couples

KBCraig

Lloyd Danforth

There was a time when I would share a cot with a chick  just to......you know....sleep with a chick ;D

Now, I can barely sleep alone on a Twin.

dalebert

Just saw the results of the paint job and it looks fantastic, though it's just the first coat.  The room is pyramid gold now.   The living room is getting a professional paint job as well by a free-stater who does EXCELLENT work.  He patched up and smoothed out the walls as well.

If anyone needs a good painter, let me put you in contact with Justin.  He's done it professionally for years and now his talents are available to us in NH.