• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I am curious.

Started by bwirth1999, January 13, 2011, 11:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Ed on January 24, 2011, 07:28 PM NHFT
of course cops can be replaced by imagining REALLY HARD how wonderful a place the world can be
i had not thought of that idea, but it is a good one
if none of us fund cops and instead imagine good things, at least we will stop flogging ourselves and our neighbors :)
then we will be left with only the thugs that haven't been paid directly by us .... they would have to more openly steal it from us

cathleeninnh

http://reason.com/archives/2011/01/25/why-cops-arent-whistleblowers

If you read enough of these kinds of reports, you can't seem to give cops the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Keep them all at arms length. No, make that further.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

I have even met some pretty nice cops .... but they will put you in jail for stuff they say they don't believe in .... because it is their job and they are working for their bennies and pension.

Terror Australis

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 08, 2011, 07:46 AM NHFT
I have even met some pretty nice cops .... but they will put you in jail for stuff they say they don't believe in .... because it is their job and they are working for their bennies and pension.

The sad part is they might never get their pensions .

littlehawk

Quote from: Terror Australis on March 08, 2011, 09:01 AM NHFT

We can only hope.

Sam A. Robrin

Quote from: Terror Australis on March 08, 2011, 09:01 AM NHFT

No, the sad part is the atrocities they'll resort to when they don't.

Russell Kanning

i tell them every once in a while that nazis thought they had pensions coming too

Patrick

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 06:36 PM NHFT
I have worked with many in the past, and to be honest I liked them as well for the most part.   However, due to civil and economic conditions and Floridas lack of heart, the illegals who are here have, not had the best time getting jobs.  So just to live many have turned to crime.  I am currently looking for my source for this info, but not having luck.   I can tell you for a fact though, out of the 15 of which I worked with, all but one ended up in prison.   They all were legitimate crimes, nothing was twisted or made up.  Sad to say, they were nice guys, but I guess when you're struggling jsut to put food on the table, and you have limited options, and ofcourse a general distrust has been placed upon you, you don't have much choice but to bite the bullet and rob peoples homes, and in 2 cases commit violent rape.

Don't most undocumented workers migrate to the US due to being recruited by relatives who have found them a job? That's been my experience. That's the motivation for immigrating in the first place. Perhaps they end up in prison because of proven bias against them by law enforcement ("Those shiftless illegals must be guilty" i.e. guilt by association). You claim to know the exacts facts in each of the alleged crimes by the each of the 14 undocumented workers in your example, further claiming nothing was "twisted or made up." Upon what basis do you make such claims? Did you examine all 14 case files? Did you talk to the arresting officers and defendants? Did you attend 14 trials or read entire transcripts? I would accept your saying they were convicted of X crimes (since that can easily be validated by a public records check). But to claim so apparent omniscient knowledge concerning their cases and guilt or innocence seems very farfetched. Am I the only one who thinks this?

Sheep Fuzzy Wool

I am mischievous. ;D
Thanks!

Tom Sawyer