• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I am curious.

Started by bwirth1999, January 13, 2011, 11:06 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat McCotter

Pat K

KBCraig

Lloyd Danforth

I got the Parrot, not the plates

KBCraig

bwirth1999

Quote from: MaineShark on January 13, 2011, 08:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 13, 2011, 11:06 AM NHFTIt would seem to be less hassle and make the officers job much easier...

And that, there, is more than enough reason not to.  If something will make a scumbag's life easier, that's a good reason not to do that thing.

Joe

See I can't fully agree with that statement.   You're saying that cops are scumbags.  MAybe not all, but you've put them in the same catagory.   Are you saying that anyone who wants to make sure you're safe and that people who want to take advantage of you are dealt with,... are scumbags?   I find that very disturbing.   

A question relating to the previous statement..   do you guys not see the need for police?  Or are you saying that they should be a little more understanding?

MaineShark

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:31 AM NHFT
Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 13, 2011, 11:06 AM NHFTIt would seem to be less hassle and make the officers job much easier...
And that, there, is more than enough reason not to.  If something will make a scumbag's life easier, that's a good reason not to do that thing.
See I can't fully agree with that statement.   You're saying that cops are scumbags.  MAybe not all, but you've put them in the same catagory.

No, not all cops are scumbags.

Some are worse.

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:31 AM NHFTAre you saying that anyone who wants to make sure you're safe and that people who want to take advantage of you are dealt with,... are scumbags?   I find that very disturbing.

Cops don't want to make me safe.  Cops are power-mad psychopaths who make me less safe.  They are the folks who "want to take advantage" of others.

Joe

bwirth1999

Quote from: KBCraig on January 13, 2011, 07:55 PM NHFT
Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 13, 2011, 11:06 AM NHFT
As you can see, I am a brand new forum member.  I also will be a brand new... New Hampshire resident around June 2011.

Welcome! What brings you the forum? And to New Hampshire? (I'm not physically there yet, but it's home.)

Well... i was looking up information on NH, and started finding all of this stuff, i had never seen before. I.E. the civil diso. and such.  Then I find videos and forums....  So naturally I am curious and wondering if my life is going to change once I move to the great granite state.   As for why I am moving. MAny reasons.   For one, Florida blows, and the people here suck.   MY wife was born in NH and her family still lives there, so.... here I come!!   I love outdoors, history and beautiful views.  New Hampshire has it all.   

QuoteWhen I watch these videos if reminds me of a bunch of adolescent kids arguing with their parents over something petty that really shouldn't have been an issue to begin with!

Lots of people feel the same way. It starts out as no big deal, but sometimes the cops just won't stop arguing for things they have no legal right to demand.

Oh, wait.... you had the "parents" and "adolescent kids" reversed in your thinking, didn't you?

That is quite possible..LOL

Crap I messed up on the quote reply.... see above... you should be able to decipher it.

bwirth1999

Quote from: MaineShark on January 23, 2011, 11:35 AM NHFT
Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:31 AM NHFT
See I can't fully agree with that statement.   You're saying that cops are scumbags.  MAybe not all, but you've put them in the same catagory.

No, not all cops are scumbags.

Some are worse.

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:31 AM NHFTAre you saying that anyone who wants to make sure you're safe and that people who want to take advantage of you are dealt with,... are scumbags?   I find that very disturbing.

Cops don't want to make me safe.  Cops are power-mad psychopaths who make me less safe.  They are the folks who "want to take advantage" of others.

Joe

What on Earth happened to make you feel this way?   I have many family members in Illinois who are in law enforcement, and I can tell you for a fact this is not the way it is.  I have been out on patrols with them and have seen and experienced what they went through.  I for one first hand can tell you not ALL police are this way.   Though..... I will say that typicaly the new guys in the departments are usualy ego-maniacs who think a gun and badge make them the boss.... Obviously not so, but it happens all the same.   

Now...  while i defend actions of many police, I DO understand that many of the "laws" created are just plain dumb, and have never been needed. I DO agree that too much government is not only a bad thing, it is the worst thing that can happen.   

We all have our opinions I guess, and that is our right.  That is what the whole thing is about isn't it?  all of this "C.D.".  Making sure our rights are maintained in a fair and "just" form. 

MaineShark

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:45 AM NHFTWhat on Earth happened to make you feel this way?

Reality.

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:45 AM NHFTI have many family members in Illinois who are in law enforcement, and I can tell you for a fact this is not the way it is.  I have been out on patrols with them and have seen and experienced what they went through.  I for one first hand can tell you not ALL police are this way.   Though..... I will say that typicaly the new guys in the departments are usualy ego-maniacs who think a gun and badge make them the boss.... Obviously not so, but it happens all the same.   

Now...  while i defend actions of many police, I DO understand that many of the "laws" created are just plain dumb, and have never been needed. I DO agree that too much government is not only a bad thing, it is the worst thing that can happen.   

We all have our opinions I guess, and that is our right.  That is what the whole thing is about isn't it?  all of this "C.D.".  Making sure our rights are maintained in a fair and "just" form.

Find me a single cop who has never violated anyone's fundamental human rights.

For starters, not one of your Illinois family members qualifies.  The right to keep and bear arms is pretty much as fundamental as it gets, and they all enforce the crimes against humanity that Illinois perpetrates.

Joe

bwirth1999

Illinois is a horrid state IMHO.  Lived there 2x, and hated every minute.    But beyond that, you say "Reality".   I am not asking to be a smart ass, I am seriously wondering, that way I can understand better why people feel the way they do.   Here in Florida, those of us who follow the laws love the cops, since the crime rate here is awful, and no matter where you are you're always wondering if the guy walking toward you is going to try and rob and kill you.   So here... The cops as far as we can see do a great job.   I can see how a lower crime state such as NH poeple can have a different view on the police. 

MaineShark

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:57 AM NHFTIllinois is a horrid state IMHO.  Lived there 2x, and hated every minute.    But beyond that, you say "Reality".   I am not asking to be a smart ass, I am seriously wondering, that way I can understand better why people feel the way they do.

I'm not, either.  Do some research on how cops actually behave.

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:57 AM NHFTHere in Florida, those of us who follow the laws love the cops, since the crime rate here is awful, and no matter where you are you're always wondering if the guy walking toward you is going to try and rod and kill you.   So here... The cops as far as we can see doa great job.   I can see how a lower crime state such as NH poeple can have a different view on the police.

The crime rate is "awful," which means the cops are going a "great job," is your contention?

If the cops were doing a great job, wouldn't the crime rate be low?

Ever gotten a traffic ticket?

Joe

bwirth1999

Quote from: MaineShark on January 23, 2011, 12:02 PM NHFT
Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:57 AM NHFTIllinois is a horrid state IMHO.  Lived there 2x, and hated every minute.    But beyond that, you say "Reality".   I am not asking to be a smart ass, I am seriously wondering, that way I can understand better why people feel the way they do.

I'm not, either.  Do some research on how cops actually behave.

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 11:57 AM NHFTHere in Florida, those of us who follow the laws love the cops, since the crime rate here is awful, and no matter where you are you're always wondering if the guy walking toward you is going to try and rod and kill you.   So here... The cops as far as we can see doa great job.   I can see how a lower crime state such as NH poeple can have a different view on the police.

The crime rate is "awful," which means the cops are going a "great job," is your contention?

If the cops were doing a great job, wouldn't the crime rate be low?

Ever gotten a traffic ticket?

Joe

The crime rate sucks  due to the people the state allows to move and live here.  They do a horrible job at keeping the crims off the street.  The area of Florida which I live in also has a low amount of "good paying" jobs, so basicly those who have little education, and no motivation to better themselves choose the easy life of crime versus working for their money.

Yes I have gotten quite a few tickets.  All but 1 was actually my fault.  In fact, most of the time I was given a lower fine, or downgraded ticket due to how I communicated with the officer.

MaineShark

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 12:06 PM NHFTThe crime rate sucks  due to the people the state allows to move and live here.  They do a horrible job at keeping the crims off the street.  The area of Florida which I live in also has a low amount of "good paying" jobs, so basicly those who have little education, and no motivation to better themselves choose the easy life of crime versus working for their money.

But if the cops were so good, wouldn't they be able to lower the crime rate?

By the way, the actual numbers show that immigrants have either no effect on crime, or actually reduce the crime rate...

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 12:06 PM NHFTYes I have gotten quite a few tickets.  All but 1 was actually my fault.  In fact, most of the time I was given a lower fine, or downgraded ticket due to how I communicated with the officer.

So you, yourself, have been mugged by the thugs, and you're going to tell us how good they are?  Would you comment the same way about a mugger without a badge?  "Oh, he had a gun and threatened to kill me if I didn't pay him, but when I agreed to pay, he let me off by only taking half my money."

Would you say that about any other mugger?  Why would a badge change that?

Any cop is willing to murder you for any reason, at any time.  Try it.  Just don't comply.  When he lights those blue lights, he's saying, "pull over or die."  So don't, and see how soon they have their guns out.

Joe

bwirth1999

Quote from: MaineShark on January 23, 2011, 12:13 PM NHFT
Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 12:06 PM NHFTThe crime rate sucks  due to the people the state allows to move and live here.  They do a horrible job at keeping the crims off the street.  The area of Florida which I live in also has a low amount of "good paying" jobs, so basicly those who have little education, and no motivation to better themselves choose the easy life of crime versus working for their money.

But if the cops were so good, wouldn't they be able to lower the crime rate?

By the way, the actual numbers show that immigrants have either no effect on crime, or actually reduce the crime rate...

Quote from: bwirth1999 on January 23, 2011, 12:06 PM NHFTYes I have gotten quite a few tickets.  All but 1 was actually my fault.  In fact, most of the time I was given a lower fine, or downgraded ticket due to how I communicated with the officer.

So you, yourself, have been mugged by the thugs, and you're going to tell us how good they are?  Would you comment the same way about a mugger without a badge?  "Oh, he had a gun and threatened to kill me if I didn't pay him, but when I agreed to pay, he let me off by only taking half my money."

Would you say that about any other mugger?  Why would a badge change that?

Any cop is willing to murder you for any reason, at any time.  Try it.  Just don't comply.  When he lights those blue lights, he's saying, "pull over or die."  So don't, and see how soon they have their guns out.

Joe

First off, immigrants do not lower crime, they may not negativley impact it a great deal, but I can tell you that a majority of our crime is done by illegals and those who come from a lower education background..  If you can provide non-biased information showing these statistics, I would love to be able to prove this opposite of the media, but it can't be done.     FYI, I wasn't jsut talking about immigrants.  I was including all people in that statement.

As for replying to the " shouldn't the police lower crime rate if they are doing a good job." remark. You are asking questions which can't be answered.  Police do not lower crime.  Policies which the larger government put in place (and can remove) are what will affect the crime rate, and these people in general.   The police are just the guys who took the crappy job of trying to enforce the laws. (bad laws or not).    I am not going to debate whether or not cop are criminals with you.  You seem to want anarchy in the street, and you want to do anything you want with no recourse.  You are saying that there is no need to for someone to make sure rules/laws are being followed.   Hey show me one instance that total anarchy in a large society has worked, and I will bow to you and a gree with everything you say from now on.    The way you look at the people who take on the responsibility to do their best to make sure you and your family stay protected at all times is scary to me.  It's down right disturbing.  I don't know what happened to you, and maybe I don't want to know.   

I prefer a society with morals and rules which all can live by and abide by.    There will have to be people to make sure those rules are being followed, since people in general cannot be trusted to police themselves due to our innability to care about anybody but ourselves.  those of us who follow the rules given to us will NEVER have an issue with cops.  ?Will the cops get it wrong sometimes?? HELL YES!   DO THEY GET IT WRONG.... DUH!   I still can't understand the extremist view on police.