• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Marijuana legalization and Misc. Cannabis related stuff

Started by Free libertarian, January 16, 2011, 10:19 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

This thread is the place to discuss , debate and announce legalization efforts,   and any other misc.  Cannabis related stuff that people want to talk about.   

The thread discussing the Concord 4/20/11 event was getting watered down with other Cannabis chatter...mostly because I was hijacking my own thread.  Please go to that thread to get updates on the 4/20 event ...HERE for "Pot talk".   

Lloyd Danforth

Free libertarian

Cop steals weed read about it here....http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/01/20/2024699/police-officer-accused-of-taking.html

Someday I'll tell people here a really interesting story on this kind of cop steals weed story...just not today.  Some of them really like to put their hand in the cookie jar and just haven't been caught yet it seems.    ;)

Lloyd Danforth

'petit theft'
Must have been a small bud.
A friend of mine used to get her Pot from a cop in Hartford who confiscated it from victims he caught in possession.  He later became chief of police for a short time, but only because he was Black.

Russell Kanning

this era of prohibition is going to look so strange to people in the future

Free libertarian

I recently used up a bunch of ink printing off the proposed New Hampshire  medical marijuana bill
442-FN.   It's 23 pages long.  While I commend those trying to work in the system to help others and trying to reduce government, the oxymoronic nature of what I just said is not lost on me.

I ride the fence on whether or not to go to support this bill, which weakly moves the pot freedom ball forward, but also grows government involvement in people's lives.  The bill is pretty much an acknowledgement of "government should control things" and is ,well, fairly boot licking for a state that has as it's motto "live free or die".

I'm thinking if I go to this hearing I may say or do things that  NEED to be said but will not please the masters.  I'm thinking there may be some street theater....I will cool off and see if I still feel that way tomorrow.   

Russell Kanning

wow
some bills are 1 paragraph
maybe someone can propose a bill that says something very small like:
The state of nh will no longer prosecute anyone for possessing recreational or medicinal substances.

let the bureaucracy write all this would change

Free libertarian

Pat K

Free libertarian

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

Coffee might be legal in Seattle, but apparently printing pro-marijuana legalization editorials is verboten...  The following was posted at NORML.

White House Requests Meeting with Seattle Times to Bully Against Pro-Pot Editorials
via The Stranger

The Stranger has learned that immediately after the Seattle Times ran an editorial last week supporting a bill to tax and regulate marijuana, the newspaper got a phone call from Washington, D.C. The White House Office of National Drug Control Policy director Gil Kerlikowske wanted to fly to Seattle to speak personally with the paper's full editorial board.

The meeting is scheduled for next Friday, an apparent attempt by the federal government to pressure the state's largest newspaper to oppose marijuana legalization. Or at least turn down the volume on its new-found bullhorn to legalize pot.

Bruce Ramsey, the Seattle Times editorial writer who wrote the unbylined piece, says the White House called right "right after our editorial ran, so I drew the obvious conclusion... he didn't like our editorial."

... This isn't the first time the Obama Administration has campaigned to keep pot illegal. Kerlikowske, who is also Seattle's former police chief, also traveled to California last fall to campaign against Prop 19, a measure to decriminalize marijuana and authorize jurisdictions to tax and regulate it.

Free libertarian

The look on the face of the woman that wants to believe she isn't violent at the beginning of the video is priceless.

Pot laws: Ridley questions govt lawyer (medical marijuana, attorney general's office)

Russell Kanning

a commenter on a ridleo was wondering why the traditional press was treated differently than Ridley ..... obviously they are not free to speak either

maybe the seattle times should send a group to tour the whitehouse  and offer their advice

I think Free Grafton might have to send our ambassador to the state house and let them know we are not ok with their pro-drugwar policies.

Free libertarian

The Ambassador has attempted to negotiate treaties with them multiple times in the past, but they seem to want to continue to rely on erroneous "facts" and the initiation of violence. 

Maybe they need to put aside their anger inducing liquor in favor of something that mellows people out?  Now if I can only get a blueprint of the airducts I think I can help them out...