• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Hampshire Liberty, Justice and Peace Gathering

Started by John, January 16, 2011, 07:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MTPorcupine3

Quote from: MaineShark on February 20, 2011, 06:48 PM NHFT
Quote from: MTPorcupine3 on February 20, 2011, 03:38 PM NHFTOf particular importance: There is a four way contest for the new police chief that will be replacing Merle.

Dodge, Poitras, Walker, and... who's the fourth?

Joe

Conrad Russell, write-in.

John

If anyone can bring some regular indoor folding chairs, that will be VERY helpful.

jaqeboy

I'll see if Liberty Books will bring some up with their display table.

I seriously think a P.A. might help in the sanctuary. I wonder if any of our local Porc minstrels have one that could be used.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Kat Kanning on February 22, 2011, 01:31 PM NHFT
Sounds like a cool conference :)
Rich might be able to bring one.
Well, maybe he can bring that too. I meant a sound thingy.

John

Quote from: jaqeboy on February 22, 2011, 12:49 PM NHFTI seriously think a P.A. might help in the sanctuary. I wonder if any of our local Porc minstrels have one that could be used.

I was thinking we were going "unplugged." But you are right, for several reasons a PA system will be better . So far, I have a Rickenbacker amp but no microphones.

These posts here are reaching some of the Porcupine community, so if anyone here has any leads please let us know.
Meanwhile, I'll start reaching out to the broader community.

Lloyd Danforth

John

Thank you!

How about wires, mike stands ... those sorts of things?

John

John

Update from Jack Shimek:
Gordon says his talk will be "Answering Etienne" - Etienne de La Boetie, that is

Thanks Jack and Gordon.

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

John

John

As the church has offered in the past, if anyone around Grafton can offer space as a "park and ride" area that will be very helpful as a back up plan, because we are looking at another storm today which will certainly re-claim some of the parking lot which we have worked to clear as best we could. Even before this storm our parking lot is half the size it is in other seasons. Car pooling is always a good idea.

At the beginning of January there was no such thing as the Liberty, Justice and Peace Gathering. Tomorrow it will happen. The LJ&PG has evolved a bit since it's inception, and we will continue to learn throughout the event - and after.

In January, when it was decided that the Peaceful Assembly Church would be offered as a place to hold this event, there was only a tiny bit of interest. I'm told that the attendance numbers on Facebook don't really mean much, so who knows what to expect?

Bring your ideas and your ability to Peacefully express them. It is now possible that more time can be offer for "open mike" speakers (and the schedule may shift around a bit); as two of our main speakers have moved to the maybe category. We wish them well in there efforts to attend.

Regardless of the details, the Liberty, Justice and Peace Gathering of New Hampshire is about to be born in the nascent Peaceful Assembly Church in the little spot known as Grafton Center.

Welcome.

Free libertarian

John if there is a capable volunteer that can operate a tractor without harming it, the one at Grafton Gulch might be available to help clear your parking lot for this event. I would operate it but I have business elsewhere that prevents me from being around.