• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

New Hampshire Liberty, Justice and Peace Gathering

Started by John, January 16, 2011, 07:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Awesome. Thank you!
Not just anyone can volunteer for that, so other folks should keep in mind the car pooling and "park and ride" ideas.

MaineShark

Is the parking lot surface asphalt or dirt, under the snow?

Joe

John

MaineShark

Then I probably shouldn't do it.  Not worried about damaging the tractor, but it's been long enough since I operated one that I'd probably gouge up the pavement.

I know someone here in town who may be willing to swing by.  I'll see him in a few hours, anyway, so I'll mention it to him.

Joe

John

Thanks for the concern on all of those issues Joe.

Just so folks know what the current snow situation is:

Generous volunteers (mostly Jay, and then Charlie) have been helping move snow all winter. So there are normal snow banks (which are now hard) claiming the edges of the parking lot. Ice has been cleared from nearly every inch of pavement which did not (as of yesterday) have a snow bank on it.

If we get a bunch, this new snow will claim (at least) several more car spaces.

jaqeboy

John, my suggestion would be to put out the call for a volunteer to make a big humongous salad to go along with the comfort food. I know Dan has volunteered to bring 5 pounds of coffee from the co-op and maybe he'll volunteer to keep making it as it's being drinken (drunk?) up.

MaineShark

Quote from: John on February 25, 2011, 09:15 AM NHFTSo there are normal snow banks (which are now hard) claiming the edges of the parking lot. Ice has been cleared from nearly every inch of pavement which did not (as of yesterday) have a snow bank on it.

If we get a bunch, this new snow will claim (at least) several more car spaces.

That, I can probably help with, if there's a place we can dump the snowbanks, to get them off the lot.  Then someone can come with a plow and scrape the few inches away that I'll leave, to be safe about the pavement.  If nothing else, if we move some of the snowbank snow away, then there's space to put snow from this storm.

Tomorrow morning, maybe?

Joe

John

Thanks Joe. However I'm not sure we'll be plowed until just before the gathering, and I think that needs to happen first so that all of the new stuff doesn't get packed down by the tractor ... Thanks again also to Free libertarian for these offers.

PLEASE PARK & RIDE AND CAR POOL IF POSIBLE FOLKS.

I'll try to check with my neighbors about parking a few cars over there

Also a local guy has come through with decent microphones.

jaqeboy

Just got to the church in time to see Jay plow out the lot completely. The church looks great inside and it looks like it's going to be a great day tomorrow. See everybody there.

John

John

With the first Liberty, Justice and Peace Gathering of New Hampshire about to begin, I might not get back to the computer until sometime tomorrow.
So, let me say in advance, Welcome & Thank You for being part of the gathering.

John

THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ATTENDED – AND TO THOSE WHO WERE HERE IN SPIRIT. The LJP Gathering turned out as well as I thought and hoped it would. You all made this Gathering a success – and one we can be proud of. Nick says he counted at least 30 people here at the same time at one point in the afternoon. He did not count the children, but I do. There were also 4 little people here. There were folks from as close as right here in Grafton (including 2 "lifelong" residents) to from as far away as California.

More wrap up info later. :)

Lloyd Danforth

Pat K here posting as Lloyd, but not Lloyd.

It was good to see folk if only for too short a time.

Kat Kanning

I think PatK looks better as Lloyd than Lloyd does.

ShortyLong

Picture this: PatK pretending to be Lloyd pretending to be PatK. It blows the mind.

Shorty