• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Unofficial LSFund Lottery - Porcupine Lottery

Started by Russell Kanning, November 07, 2005, 12:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

I am starting a lottery to benefit the LSFund, unlike the State of NH's Lottery that funds the public schools.
This lottery has no expenses and will donate half of all receipts to the LSF. The other half will be distributed to the winners.
The numbers will be selected by random.org by using this form:
http://www.random.org/nform.html
In the beginning the Porcupine Lotto will consist of a set of two 2 digit numbers ranging from 00-99. This gives you a 1 in 10,000 chance of choosing the right numbers.
The winning numbers will be posted on Monday before 6pm on the Keene Free Press site.
Porcupine Lottery tickets are $10

president

Russell Kanning

Michael Fisher

If the LSF receives an anonymous donation, it just deposits the check.

That's all I know about that.   8)

president

Not that you care....

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/lxii/647/647-1.htm
647:1 Lotteries. ? A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he knowingly and unlawfully:
    I. Conducts a lottery or disposes or offers to dispose of property in any way whereby the payment for such property is, in whole or in part, induced by the hope of gain by luck or chance; or
    II. Sells, offers for sale, or possesses for the purpose of sale, any lottery ticket or other thing which is evidence that the purchaser will be entitled to a share or chance in a lottery or deposits for mailing any such ticket or thing, or notice of the drawing of a lottery; or
    III. Publishes or deposits for mailing information as to the location or identity of the person where or from whom a ticket or other thing described in paragraph II may be obtained.
    IV. "Unlawfully" means not specifically authorized by law.

How do you go about buying these tickets?

Michael Fisher

Quote from: president on November 07, 2005, 01:02 PM NHFT
647:1 Lotteries. ? A person is guilty of a misdemeanor if he knowingly and unlawfully:
? ? I. Conducts a lottery or disposes or offers to dispose of property in any way whereby the payment for such property is, in whole or in part, induced by the hope of gain by luck or chance; or

I just bought two cans of Pringles with a contest to win a camera on them. ?Then I disposed of the cans after I finished them.

Am I guilty of a double-misdemeanor? ?Or is my garbage-man guilty of it?

president

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 07, 2005, 01:07 PM NHFT
Quote from: president on November 07, 2005, 01:02 PM NHFT
    I. Conducts a lottery or disposes or offers to dispose of property in any way whereby the payment for such property is, in whole or in part, induced by the hope of gain by luck or chance; or

I just bought two cans of Pringles with a contest to win a camera on them.
from  the rules:

Notice the last part.

president

Quote from: Scott Roth on November 07, 2005, 01:07 PM NHFT
How do you figure a 1 in 1000 chance?  You only have 100 possibilities...
I thought Russel said the lottery would be 2 numbers between 0-99, so 100x100=10,000.
I figured Russel saying 1 in 1000 odds of winning was just fraud.

jgmaynard

Yeah, is that two different number 1-100 or a pair of numbers 1-100 (eg., 07)? That's 1:10k one way, 1:100 the other way.....

JM

Michael Fisher

I think he wants one in 1,000 odds, so let's make it:

(0-9) (0-99)  or  (1-10) (1-100)

president

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 07, 2005, 01:38 PM NHFT

(0-9) (0-99)  or  (1-10) (1-100)
Pretty cool how you have nothing to do with this lottery, but you can change the rules.

jgmaynard

<john travlota voice>
Ain't it keeewwwwl??? Jeeeeezzzzzzz......
</john travlota voice>

JM

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Scott Roth on November 07, 2005, 01:07 PM NHFT
How do you figure a 1 in 1000 chance? You only have 100 possibilities...
should have said 10,000

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 07, 2005, 01:38 PM NHFT

(0-9) (0-99) or (1-10) (1-100)
Actually Mike I like your idea better

1 number 0-999

Russell Kanning

You can buy them in person from me or one of our reps (soon to be named).
You can send cash or checks in the mail made out to "Russell Kanning".
Do we have any retailers on this list?