• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Unofficial LSFund Lottery - Porcupine Lottery

Started by Russell Kanning, November 07, 2005, 12:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

president

president

Quote from: russellkanning on November 07, 2005, 02:49 PM NHFT
You can send cash or checks in the mail made out to "Russell Kanning".

88 Sparrow St. Keene, NH 03431

or

Liberty Scholarship Fund
P.O. Box 443
Newmarket, NH 03857

Russell Kanning

I am thinking of having a second lotto that is silver based. Very similar to the first one, but they can be bought with silver ounces and the payout would be the same. 8)

Russell Kanning

Mike do you want to sell tickets also? (unrelated to the official lsfund of course)

Lloyd Danforth

Even if you had as many as 30 participants playing different numbers, you only have a 30 in 1000 chance of coming up with a winner.

Why not just sell 1000 numbers at $1.00 each, never selling the same number twice and when all are sold have the drawing and split the grand 1/2 & 1/2 with the winner and the LSF.

Hell, You could sell the numbers for $1.10 each, keep the dime for administrative costs and, probably be breaking yet another law!

I would buy some tickets.

JonM

Selling all possible numbers makes it a raffle.

president

Quote from: JonM on November 07, 2005, 03:57 PM NHFT
Selling all possible numbers makes it a raffle.
::)

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=raffle
raf?fle
n.

A lottery in which a number of persons buy chances to win a prize.

You should get a bingo type ball hopper, and some number balls, and use that to pick the winning numbers and call it "Russel Kanning's Power Balls".

Lloyd Danforth

I knew that, Jon. ?It seems more practical as far as raising LSF funds goes and Russell making a profit adds ilegaliality to it. ?Best of all worlds!

president

Raffles are covered by RSA 287-A
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xxiv/287-a/
287-A:1 Definitions. ? As used in this chapter:
    I. "Raffle" means a lottery in which each participant buys a ticket for an article or articles put up as a prize with the winner being determined by a random drawing.
    II. "Charitable organization" means the following:
       (a) Any person or entity that is determined by the Internal Revenue Service to be a tax exempt organization pursuant to section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, as that section now exists or may hereafter be amended; or
       (b) Any other person or entity that is or holds itself out to be established, in whole or in part, for any benevolent, philanthropic, patriotic, educational, humane, scientific, public health, environmental conservation, civic, social, sporting, recreational, or other charitable purpose which has been in existence for at least 2 years, or political committee or political party which has been in existence for at least 2 years, or any person who in any manner employs a charitable appeal as the basis of any solicitation or an appeal that suggests that there is a charitable purpose to any solicitation. "Charitable organization" is not limited to those organizations to which contributions are tax deductible under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
    III. "50/50 raffle" means a raffle conducted by a charitable organization whereby moneys collected by sale of raffle tickets are split evenly between the prize winner or winners and the charitable organization after the raffle drawing.

287-A:2 Raffle Authorized. ? A charitable organization may conduct a raffle to promote the purpose for which it was organized, in the manner hereinafter provided, and not otherwise.

287-A:3 Printed Tickets. ? All raffle tickets shall be printed with the name of the charitable organization thereon, the date and place of the drawing, and the prize or prizes to be awarded and the amount of the donation.

287-A:4 Distribution of Tickets. ? Raffle tickets shall be sold only to persons 16 years of age or over and no raffle tickets shall be sold by persons other than the members of the charitable organization or such person or persons, as may be designated by the organization, and who shall receive no financial remuneration.

287-A:5 Agency Not Permitted. ? No charitable organization shall act as an agent for conducting a raffle, where it is unlawful for the charitable organization's principal to conduct such a raffle.

287-A:6 Effect on Other Laws. ? RSA 647 shall not apply to the sale of raffle tickets in the manner provided for in this chapter.

287-A:7 Permit Required. ? Any charitable organization desiring to conduct a raffle under the provisions of this chapter shall first obtain a permit therefor from the selectmen of the town, or the mayor and aldermen of the city where the drawing for prizes is to be held. The permit shall expire at the time of the drawing, and shall not be transferable.

287-A:8 Tickets; Distribution. ?
    I. All raffle tickets sold in conjunction with bingo games shall be numbered sequentially.
    II. No ticket or multiple tickets shall be sold for more than $1.

[Paragraph III effective until January 1, 2005; see also paragraph III set out below.]

III. Notwithstanding RSA 287-A:4, raffle tickets sold in conjunction with bingo games shall be sold only by members of a charitable organization licensed by the lottery commission to conduct bingo and only at bingo games being operated by the charitable organization.

[Paragraph III effective January 1, 2005; see also paragraph III set out above.]

III. Notwithstanding RSA 287-A:4, raffle tickets sold in conjunction with bingo games shall be sold only by members of a charitable organization licensed by the pari-mutuel commission to conduct bingo and only at bingo games being operated by the charitable organization.

287-A:9 Players. ? Raffles held in conjunction with bingo games shall be held only at bingo games having a hall capacity of 300 persons or less as designated by the assembly permit.

287-A:10 Prizes. ? Prizes awarded at any raffle held in conjunction with a bingo game shall not exceed $500 wholesale cost.

287-A:11 Permit Not Required. ? The provisions of RSA 287-A:7 shall not apply to raffles held in conjunction with bingo games.

Russell Kanning

I mostly wanted to keep the lottery flavor.
We could add a raffle type side to it.

Russell Kanning

I can start collecting money for the raffle and when we hit $1000 we pick the winner. There would be no numbers to choose. You would just be buying chances.
What should we call this one?

Michael Fisher

To appease president, let's call it the Lottery of Slavery.   ??? ;D

Russell Kanning

president

So if I send you money, do you send me some kind of receipt  or ticket?
Do I need to send a SASE with the money?

If so, Judd may just send you some money.

Is this his address?
Judd S Gregg  125 N Main St, Concord, NH 03301