• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Social Security Card Burn can we make a difference

Started by Tom Sawyer, November 07, 2005, 09:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 08, 2005, 03:02 PM NHFTEven though we managed to bring 25+ people to the RFID protest, we're disappointed that so few people were there from the NH Underground. ?There were also very few people from the NH Underground at the NHLA Civic Action fundraiser at the Loudon Speedway.

What is the nh underground? Isn't it just a place for people to hang out and plan events?
Wasn't the rfid protest and speedway fundraiser promoted on this forum and attended by guys that hang out on this forum? You were there both times Mike .... how many people that were at those events also have usernames here? Somehow we got reports about those events ....someone from here must have been there.

I personally do not like to protest walmart, but that didn't stop any of you from doing it. Kat and I couldn't come to the speedway, but patmc, cnht, you, davemincin, seth, musestion, candy, friday, dawn, gard, coffey's, villee, max, ...... made it. They all are or have been a "part" of the underground, but are more known for other affiliations. The underground doesn't really exist ..... so it cannot have a good showing at an event. :)

jgmaynard

Quote from: katdillon on November 08, 2005, 06:43 AM NHFT
Feel like a number?? Vote in Roger's poll so you can be numbered....? ?;D

Sorry, I'm boycotting polls........ jk ;)

JM

Russell Kanning

Dreepa

Quote from: russellkanning on November 08, 2005, 03:49 PM NHFT
What is the nh underground?
There were at least 5 of 'us'
Pat M.
Mike F
Toowm
Dreepa
Jane
maybe some others who I am forgetting.

Russell Kanning

Yea it is kindof funny to think of people representing the underground. Like when Jane shows up at an event .... she is not from the underground .... she is the cnht chick.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: jgmaynard on November 08, 2005, 04:00 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on November 08, 2005, 06:43 AM NHFT
Feel like a number?? Vote in Roger's poll so you can be numbered....? ?;D

Sorry, I'm boycotting polls........ jk ;)

JM

A poll is not the same as voting to force your will on to someone else. I just wanted to get an idea of the number of folks that will turn out.

My wife and son are going to be there, the ones I know I can count on. We'll have fun and capture an image of the moment.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 08, 2005, 03:07 PM NHFT
I want this one.? :)

Sure Mike I'll have one with your name on it at the event.

Glad that it resonanted with you, even if it is a dark feeling, it reaches people.
The music of our era will be studied as the heart of our culture. Pink Floyd's art will out live the majority of what most people think is important.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Scott Roth on November 08, 2005, 05:04 PM NHFT
I'll be out of state on Saturday, but my heart will be in Concord!

Thanks for the feedback Scott. We'll get pictures and maybe something on video for the audience. :)

Russell Kanning

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 08, 2005, 03:02 PM NHFT
Even though we managed to bring 25+ people to the RFID protest, we're disappointed that so few people were there from the NH Underground. ?There were also very few people from the NH Underground at the NHLA Civic Action fundraiser at the Loudon Speedway.

It is desirable, though not necessary, to support each other's events in order to create the maximum effect with the minimum amount of activists. ?I don't want to attack anyone for this, but please keep this in mind when asking people to support your events.

I'll be at this event. ?You can burn my SS card if arrest seems imminent. ?If not, then I'll burn my own. ? :)

I didn't go to the RFID event... the need to pick out the things that are with in our grasp means letting some things go by. Prioritizing is what I end up having to do.

I won't be burning a SS card, we'll have signs for people, shoot video and pictures and have as much fun as I feel we can get away with. The least I can do considering the courage of Mr. Monkey and Kat. The same emotion motivated me to go to New London for Lauren's rally.

We all do what we feel we can. Mike, Russell, Kat, Lauren etc. your courage motivated me to get involved with the NH Underground's approach to change. We learn to count on each other and enthusiasm grows.

FTL_Ian

AMAZING WORK, Roger!   :o

Even though we managed to bring 25+ people to the RFID protest, we're disappointed that so few people were there from the NH Underground.  There were also very few people from the NH Underground at the NHLA Civic Action fundraiser at the Loudon Speedway.

It is desirable, though not necessary, to support each other's events in order to create the maximum effect with the minimum amount of activists.  I don't want to attack anyone for this, but please keep this in mind when asking people to support your events.

People will attend the events they are interested in.  I don't want "reciprocal activists" at any events I'm organizing.  I want people who believe in the cause.  (Whatever it is.)

In the case of the RFID protest, if I was to have showed up, it would have been in protest of your protest.  Much like you'd have done for the Lost Liberty Hotel.  Surely you wouldn't have attended their events, feeling the way you do, would you?

Create a good event, promote it, and they will come.   8)

Friday

Even though we managed to bring 25+ people to the RFID protest, we're disappointed that so few people were there from the NH Underground.  There were also very few people from the NH Underground at the NHLA Civic Action fundraiser at the Loudon Speedway.

It is desirable, though not necessary, to support each other's events in order to create the maximum effect with the minimum amount of activists.  I don't want to attack anyone for this, but please keep this in mind when asking people to support your events.

I'll be at this event.  You can burn my SS card if arrest seems imminent.  If not, then I'll burn my own.   :)

As I discussed with Joel on Sunday, I remain unconvinced that, because I hate the idea of my government spying on me, I should protest Walmart for using RFID chips.  I like Warlmart and their low prices, and RFID chips are a cool technology that could help keep their prices low.  Maybe I need to read Catherine Albrecht's book to understand this issue fully.  I was at the NHLA Civic Action fundraiser.

I agree that it's desirable to support each other's events, but not if you don't even agree with the purpose of the event.  :)

Dreepa

I don't like Walmart ( it is dangerous)
http://concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051109/REPOSITORY/511090366/1221

I think that RFID is cool and useful for inventory purposes but.... that is not what Walmart is doing.  It is on the product for people to take home.  It is only a few more steps before the govt gets involved.

I am not saying that people should have gone or not.  Pick and choose but Ian why would you want to protest the protest? (That I don't understand).

I had no intention of going until I heard Katherine speak.

Russell Kanning