• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Social Security Card Burn can we make a difference

Started by Tom Sawyer, November 07, 2005, 09:35 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

president

Quote from: russellkanning on November 10, 2005, 08:20 AM NHFT
Yea Ian when should we do this....tonight?
Friday would be better, cus Torgo is on.

I can call in too, cus I talked to the cops.

Should I follow up with the Dan?
Do you have any questions you want me to ask him, or any info you want me to pass along?

I'm still not sure if Russell wants to get arrested or not.

Russell Kanning

I don't want to get arrested. I want the government to stop hassling me.
You should call up Gard's show and Ian's.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: katdillon on November 10, 2005, 08:23 AM NHFT
Does someone think that National ID isn't going to effect NH?? Does someone think that NH government can't individually reject National ID?

Oh?   This is about National I.D.?   Escaped me, as I'm sure it will escape many.

FTL_Ian

Whenever!  No need to ask permission to use my audio.  Go to town.

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 09, 2005, 04:59 PM NHFT
pardon me for interrupting ;)

Here is the final print version... I'll have 3 of these available in addition to the one spoke for by Mike.
19in wide x 26in tall
Printed and I'll mount to a foamcore backing tomorrow.

That's amazing!!!  You are out of control, Roger!   8)

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Roger Grant on November 08, 2005, 05:33 PM NHFT
I didn't go to the RFID event... the need to pick out the things that are with in our grasp means letting some things go by. Prioritizing is what I end up having to do.

I won't be burning a SS card, we'll have signs for people, shoot video and pictures and have as much fun as I feel we can get away with. The least I can do considering the courage of Mr. Monkey and Kat. The same emotion motivated me to go to New London for Lauren's rally.

We all do what we feel we can. Mike, Russell, Kat, Lauren etc. your courage motivated me to get involved with the NH Underground's approach to change. We learn to count on each other and enthusiasm grows.

Agreed.  We all do what we can with what we've got.  :)

Thank you very much for the kind words, Roger.   :) :) :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 10, 2005, 01:04 PM NHFT
Quote from: katdillon on November 10, 2005, 08:23 AM NHFT
Does someone think that National ID isn't going to effect NH?? Does someone think that NH government can't individually reject National ID?

Oh?? ?This is about National I.D.?? ?Escaped me, as I'm sure it will escape many.

Hey Lloyd maybe you missed the press release. ;D

========================================
For Immediate Release
Subject:? Social Security Card Burn

When Social Security was first foisted on America, the cards were imprinted with, "Not to be used for Identification."? People were wary of the tyranny involved with a national ID card, so the government had to promise that the Social Security number would never be used for ID.? They have broken that promise.? As Americans became resigned to the idea of having a national number, the promise was quietly removed from the cards.? Now, of course, the social security number is used for so many purposes, it is a defacto national ID number.? Doctors, banks, motor vehicle departments, utilities companies?the list is endless of groups wanting your national ID number, groups having nothing to do with social security and retirement funds.

Now, with the passage of the Real ID act, the National ID card is outright law, and no longer just a defacto national ID number.? Individuals wishing to travel in this country, whether it be driving themselves or riding on trains, busses, and airplanes will now be required to carry their national ID card, with their national ID number included on it.? Even walking in public requires a person to carry their ID, as recent court decisions show.? National ID cards are to carry "biometric data" probably in the form of a RFID chip, which can be read from a distance.? Personal data about you will be available to any hacker on the street, in addition to being given to the Mexican and Canadian governments.

National ID cards have long been a tool of tyrannical government.? A government which abuses and therefore fears its populace needs to be able to track them at all times.? No government who governs justly need barricade itself in, as Washington D.C. has done.? A government who remains the servant of the people need not track the peoples' every move.

To protest the injustice of the national ID number and national ID card, Russell Kanning and Kat Dillon of NHFree.com invite the people of New Hampshire to join us in burning the symbols of our oppression.? We will be gathering on November 12th at 12 noon at Two Corporate Center at Horseshoe Pond, 70 Commercial Street in Concord, NH to burn our social security cards.? All are welcome, whether you want to watch or join in the burning.? Lady Liberty will be making an appearance at the event.

When asked, both the Social Security Administration and the Concord Police Department have refused to comment on whether burning one's Social Security Card is illegal.? We don't know at this time whether we will be arrested for this act or not.? Kanning was arrested last June for attempting to board a flight to Philadelphia without showing his ID.

What: Civil disobedience against National ID
Where: Social Security Office, 70 Commercial Street in Concord, NH
When: Saturday, November 12 @ noon
Who: Russell Kanning and Kat Dillon of Keene, NH, supporters from NHfree.com
Why: To draw attention to the continuing loss of privacy and freedom due to National ID
How: By burning social security cards
Contacts: Russell Kanning: (603) 357-2049, Kat Dillon (same number)
=========================================================================

president

If people have to read a press release to find out what you are protesting about....

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: LeRuineur6 on November 10, 2005, 01:46 PM NHFT
Quote from: Roger Grant on November 08, 2005, 05:33 PM NHFT
I didn't go to the RFID event... the need to pick out the things that are with in our grasp means letting some things go by. Prioritizing is what I end up having to do.

I won't be burning a SS card, we'll have signs for people, shoot video and pictures and have as much fun as I feel we can get away with. The least I can do considering the courage of Mr. Monkey and Kat. The same emotion motivated me to go to New London for Lauren's rally.

We all do what we feel we can. Mike, Russell, Kat, Lauren etc. your courage motivated me to get involved with the NH Underground's approach to change. We learn to count on each other and enthusiasm grows.

Agreed.? We all do what we can with what we've got.? :)

Thank you very much for the kind words, Roger.? ?:) :) :)

Hey Mike, it's because of you I made the signs for this event. Remember you came up to me at New London and said you liked my sign. Encouragement goes a long way to build enthusiasm. :)

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: president on November 10, 2005, 04:08 PM NHFT
If people have to read a press release to find out what you are protesting about....

That's why we have signs. ;D

Can't discourage people having fun...  >:D

[attachment deleted by admin]

TackleTheWorld

If Roger and William are there, I'm there.  That William broke me out of jail!

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: TackleTheWorld on November 10, 2005, 08:47 PM NHFT
If Roger and William are there, I'm there.? That William broke me out of jail!

Very cool... you are one of my heroes Lauren.
Wow, maybe we can change things... with dedication and courage (and some fun thrown in) :)

Tom Sawyer

Tomorrow's weather for Concord.
:)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Russell Kanning

That map doesn't look right. Our location is going to just past the Courtyard by Marriot right near the freeway.

Tom Sawyer

Quote from: russellkanning on November 11, 2005, 07:03 AM NHFT
That map doesn't look right. Our location is going to just past the Courtyard by Marriot right near the freeway.

Sorry Russell that's what mapquest showed me... can we get the right one up. I don't want to get lost. :)