• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Mini Promotion Campaign

Started by Michael Fisher, December 18, 2006, 10:50 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Fisher

Maybe we should start a media promotion campaign for the LSF.

I thought maybe a few of you would like to volunteer to write articles for specific publications. These articles will promote LSF donations among libertarian types, discuss the problems with government schools, stress the importance of early childhood learning in the liberty movement, and talk about how the LSF enables real learning alternatives.

Potential topics: (Discuss in each one how the LSF is the solution and promote donations.)
1. Problems with government schools and how they cause statism.
2. The history (origin, nature, and progression) of government schools. (AlanM may want to help with this one. :))
3. Recent statist developments of government schools around the world.
4. Stupid stories from government schools that make people want to get children out of them.
5. Violence and culture in modern government schools and why to remove children immediately.
6. Success stories of the LSF. We can interview past scholarship recipients.
7. Scholarly research article or book. (I'm up for it.)  ;)
8. Any other writing idea you can think of to promote the LSF this spring.

Potential publications:
-New Hampshire newspapers (columns, letters to the editor, press releases, etc.)
-Keene Free Press, of course!
-Various Libertarian Party newsletters
-NHLA newsletters
-Strike the Root articles
-FSP newsletters
-Mises.org blogs or newsletters (on the lack of incentives for gov schools to succeed?)
-Famous pro-liberty bloggers (send them press releases or articles)
-YOUR blog
-NH Underground front page
-Homeland Stupidity (a satire article could be good)
-Claire Wolfe's blog
-Spychips newsletter (on recent forced-ID, fingerprinting, and spychipping policies in gov schools)
-LSF website
-Constitutionalist publications
-Republican publications (good luck with that)
-NH Taxpayer Radio interview :)
-Other NH radio station interviews

Thoughts?

Kat Kanning

Sounds cool :)  You doing the first article?

cathleeninnh

Haven't read all that yet, as I have a migraine today, but thank you for putting some thought into what next. If we want to give more tha one scholarship in 2007, we need to get on the ball.

Cathleen

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Kat Kanning on December 18, 2006, 02:01 PM NHFT
Sounds cool :)  You doing the first article?

Sure. I'd like to do one for a Mises.org blog post on the lack of incentives in gov schools, the absence of legal alternatives with school tax dollars, and the need for the LSF with its focus on the FSP-chosen state of New Hampshire.

d_goddard

I don't know if you've contacted Dreepa about this yet, but a boatload of people will be at the Liberty Forum. Dreepa is coordingating information/exhibitor tables for the event.

Michael Fisher

Dreepa's already on top of this. :) :) :)

Is anyone else up for writing something during this Christmas break?

Please consider it. The children of New Hampshire need your help to escape from government jailschools!  :o

FSPinNY

Sounds like a good idea Mike.  I don't feel 'qualified' to write something, but I most certainly can link to it in the FSP News!

Brian

Michael Fisher

Hehe... if people do not start volunteering, I'm going to start making phone calls.  :o

Kat Kanning

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

Kat Kanning

Michael Fisher

forsytjr

What would be nice is a powerpoint slide show we could take on the road and present to churches, school boards, etc.  I've been wanting to do that for a while, but not gotten the time.  Been reading Gatto's Underground History of American Education.