• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Meet Colombia's newest drug mules: the carrier pigeons.

Started by Raineyrocks, January 20, 2011, 01:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

Possession With Intent to Soar: Colombian Carrier Pigeon Caught Smuggling Drugs
By: Zoe Fox
Topics: cocaine, Colombia, drugs, marijuana, pigeon, world

REUTERS/John Vizcaino

Meet Colombia's newest drug mules: the carrier pigeons. 

Police officers caught a bird trying to fly into a jail in the northeastern city of Bucaramanga. What gave the bird away? A bag containing 40g of marijuana and 5g of cocaine paste strapped to its back.

Police believe the package's weight prevented the bird from flying over the prison's walls.

Pigeons trained to smuggle are not unfamiliar at this jail. Police say they've previously found birds carrying cell phone Sim cards, although this was their first find of an illegal contraband.

This is the second Colombian bird detained for ties to the drug trade. Last September, police in Barranquilla confiscated a parrot trained as a lookout for drug dealers, who would yell "run" as police approached. (via Telegraph)

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/01/20/possession-with-intent-to-soar-colombian-carrier-pigeon-caught-smuggling-drugs/#ixzz1BbUEWxsz

Free libertarian

Somehow I just know the saying "killing two birds with one stone" fits in this story I just haven't figured out where.   :P

Pat K

John

I think its awesome that the friendly bird was carrying not only the weed but some coke as well.
Real party animal.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Free libertarian on January 20, 2011, 01:06 PM NHFT
Somehow I just know the saying "killing two birds with one stone" fits in this story I just haven't figured out where.   :P

I've figured it out, "killing two stones with one bird"!   Maybe that's it because after all the pigeon was carrying coke and weed.  :P   I wonder if the pigeon had a hippy bandana on or something or came in for a 'straight' landing, hee, hee!

Raineyrocks

Raineyrocks

Quote from: John on January 20, 2011, 05:35 PM NHFT
I think its awesome that the friendly bird was carrying not only the weed but some coke as well.
Real party animal.

Yeah, but where was the beer?  :D

Lloyd Danforth

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 20, 2011, 06:00 PM NHFT
Puts a whole new spin on 'Pigeon Shit'.

:rofl:   You are so funny Lloyd! 

Gosh, I'm glad I have a computer  that works now!  :)