• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Advice needed about hair, please

Started by Raineyrocks, January 20, 2011, 06:36 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

If you went to the same stylist/barber for a year and they made 1 mistake, (got chop happy), within that 1 year, would you go back?

It happened to me and I went back and everything was fine for the next couple of haircuts but the last time I went it was horrible.  I have naturally curly hair so if it gets cut too short on the sides it curls up and looks dumb.  So anyways, I understand that she cuts a lot of people's hair and each time I go I have to explain how I want it cut even though it's always the same.

So, I explained it and I came out with short sides and way too much taken off the back, I always so no more than an inch and a half.  It has taken a couple months for it to look "okay" but it will take a few more months for it to grow as long as it was in the back.  Would you give her a 2nd chance?  After talking to her about the last time, of course.

cathleeninnh

One day , I sat in the salon and cried. Embarrassed everybody in there.

Took a deep breath and decided hair wasn't worth that. I may go to a salon, I may just let it grow. I never care again, though.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

i have had barbers remember how i want it cut .... and that is in a barbershop with 4 barbers

maybe your daughter wants to learn how to cut hair :)
then you can throw stuff at her when she doesn't remember

Pat K

I only got one really bad hair cut, it was in Coco beach Florida.
I went with my Dad, I kept thinking the place was dark and wondering why.
When I got Back to the place my parents were staying at and saw the hair
cut in the well lit mirror I was a tad perturbed . I casually asked my Dad for
the keys to the car, he said no, why not I asked, "your hair will grow out
if you go back and knock his teeth out like your planing to do, you will probably be in jail and if not you will feel terrible about it tomorrow".

Dad was a pretty smart.

Lloyd Danforth

The two barbers I've tried in NH have sucked. My CT barber fired me. I've trim it once in a while myself, but it looks like Hell!

Raineyrocks

Quote from: cathleeninnh on January 21, 2011, 07:47 AM NHFT
One day , I sat in the salon and cried. Embarrassed everybody in there.

Took a deep breath and decided hair wasn't worth that. I may go to a salon, I may just let it grow. I never care again, though.

Cathleen

I had an experience like that when I was pregnant and I just cried too.  I just think it's horrible when your hoping to come out of a place hoping to feel better about how you look not worse.

I'm borderline not caring anymore but I still think if you've explained how you want your hair cut in total detail and are paying a professional to do it, they should listen to you not do whatever they want instead.

Yeah, I'm thinking about just letting it grow and asking Rick to trim the back, it's not worth the hassle. :-\

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on January 22, 2011, 11:26 AM NHFT
i have had barbers remember how i want it cut .... and that is in a barbershop with 4 barbers

maybe your daughter wants to learn how to cut hair :)
then you can throw stuff at her when she doesn't remember

I think it's a little easier to cut a man's hair unless he has real long, thick, curly hair.  Ummm, I wouldn't throw stuff at anyone who didn't remember, that's mean. ::)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Pat K on January 23, 2011, 12:14 AM NHFT
I only got one really bad hair cut, it was in Coco beach Florida.
I went with my Dad, I kept thinking the place was dark and wondering why.
When I got Back to the place my parents were staying at and saw the hair
cut in the well lit mirror I was a tad perturbed . I casually asked my Dad for
the keys to the car, he said no, why not I asked, "your hair will grow out
if you go back and knock his teeth out like your planing to do, you will probably be in jail and if not you will feel terrible about it tomorrow".

Dad was a pretty smart.

Yeah, I understand the anger but it's not worth going to jail for.  When my brother was little a barber accidentally cut his ear it was a total accident and he was so sorry.  My mom didn't scream at him because people do make mistakes.  What I don't understand though is when you ask for an inch to be taken off of the back and it becomes over 3 inches, to me that feels like somebody just pay attention to what you asked for, right?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on January 23, 2011, 07:19 AM NHFT
The two barbers I've tried in NH have sucked. My CT barber fired me. I've trim it once in a while myself, but it looks like Hell!

How did your Ct. barber fire you?  Whenever I've seen you, your hair looks nice. :)

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Pat K on January 23, 2011, 12:14 AM NHFT
and besides .... they give really bad haircuts in jail

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Raineyrocks on January 24, 2011, 05:59 PM NHFT
Yeah, I'm thinking about just letting it grow and asking Rick to trim the back, it's not worth the hassle. :-\
I have trimmed the hair in back on both kat and my ex-wife, when they asked me to .... it has always come out well and I have no idea what i am doing.
So if you know what you want you can get long straight hair like kat or layered hair like my ex.