• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Wheelchair ramps

Started by Kat Kanning, November 09, 2005, 11:00 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell Kanning

Lex

Kat Kanning

Haven't heard back from any of the groups I contacted, so contacting some smaller groups in Keene.

Lloyd Danforth

They're probably related to the contractors that make big bucks building them now.

Kat Kanning

Hey cool.   :)  Who would pay for the materials?  Take up a collection?

Lloyd Danforth

Does the ban include the newer copper free PT wood?

Dreepa

What about that new plastic 'wood'  or is that really only for decks?

Kat Kanning

Lloyd Danforth

Dreepa

I don't think so but... we may be able to get some of that stuff from the source.. Maybe write them a letter.. they can use it as PR or something.

Lloyd Danforth

Right Chris.  What material used depends on how permanent the ramp is intended to be. There is also some premade  ramp material out there, aluminum, I think with some traction stuff on it, so, we might just be assembling and not constructing, depending on needs and materials donated.

Lloyd Danforth

I can design and draw them.  Donating org or home owner can jump thru the government hoops.  We build.

Kat Kanning

We were talking about this the other day.  Maybe with advertising in the paper, we can get donations of materials....like our ad could include "Materials generously donated by HomeDepot".

What do you think about this so far?

[attachment deleted by admin]

cathleeninnh

Terrific! Sign me up. To help, not for a ramp. I'm not that old yet.

Cathleen

Russell Kanning

This way people can see Lloyd's work in town. :)