• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Needed: Small Manufacturing Company

Started by JaneDoe, November 09, 2005, 12:39 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneDoe

I am looking to buy a small manufacturing company in NH. I dont really care what they make, just so long as they make something! And I would prefer that the company be really screwed up, so that a) I get it cheap, and b) I get a challenge.

Western/Southern NH is preferred, and depending on the product line(s) proximity to shipping routes is preferred.

I am still investigating the coffee shop, but I am looking at all my options!

Kat Kanning

JaneDoe

Well, cheap is relative isnt it!

It depends on the potential. I am really looking at everything and anything right now.

I had previously looked into a 'print shop' but I dont want to be a quick printer at this stage in my life. I want to make things, not run a copier.

Lloyd Danforth

Yah, how cheap??For the right price we can start one and fuck it up and turn it over to you at a small profit.

JaneDoe

ROFL

I dont want totally fucked up! Just a little screwed up, I want a challenge not a heart attack! ;D

I am thinking a company in the range of 1-5 mil in sales, but with little to no visible profits. Ownership that is stagnant etc.

Kat Kanning

Gilsum: Pizza, Grinder, Ice Cream Business for sale. TurnKey, $25,000.
(603)352-9332

president

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 09, 2005, 12:46 PM NHFT
Yah, how cheap? For the right price we can start one and fuck it up and turn it over to you at a small profit.
Hey Lloyd,
I say we start one that makes wooden shit for kids to play with. Those people who don't like their kids to play with plastic will pay alot for that shit. If we fuck it up we can sell it to this guy.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: president on November 09, 2005, 12:54 PM NHFT
Yah, how cheap? For the right price we can start one and fuck it up and turn it over to you at a small profit.
Hey Lloyd,
I say we start one that makes wooden shit for kids to play with. Those people who don't like their kids to play with plastic will pay alot for that shit. If we fuck it up we can sell it to this guy.

Do you mean the 'splinter' playground stuff that was so popular years ago?

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: Scott Roth on November 09, 2005, 01:07 PM NHFT
Makes it sound like you guys are just a bunch of fuckups! :D

Well....when you're good at one thing........ ;D

president

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on November 09, 2005, 03:26 PM NHFT
Quote from: president on November 09, 2005, 12:54 PM NHFT
Hey Lloyd,

Do you mean the 'splinter' playground stuff that was so popular years ago?

No, like little cars, trucks, airplanes, and dolls,  and letters and numbers with magnets on the back, and wood blocks. And wooden toy laptops and cellphones. Oh, and guns, lots of toy guns.

Dreepa

Tourists would eat that shit up because.... ahh it is from NH aren't they quaint. ;D

Pat K

We only use the finest old growth spotted Owl virgin forrest trees for our wood toys. ;D

Michael Fisher

Quote from: Irwin M. Fletcher on November 09, 2005, 12:39 PM NHFT
I am looking to buy a small manufacturing company in NH. I dont really care what they make, just so long as they make something! And I would prefer that the company be really screwed up, so that a) I get it cheap, and b) I get a challenge.

Western/Southern NH is preferred, and depending on the product line(s) proximity to shipping routes is preferred.

I am still investigating the coffee shop, but I am looking at all my options!

Do you want to make things that can be exported internationally?  Or just things that will be locally consumed?

Lloyd Danforth

Things that can be sold....somewhere!  First Criteria.

JaneDoe

Well, I have been searching and havent found anything that has interested me. Some machine shops, out there, but that is not really the direction I want to go.

Also, thanks for the listing Kat, and although it is something of a dream of mine, a Pizza place isnt really manufacturing ;) (Unless GWB says so haha)

to all those with the ideas, yeah, toy manufacturing, furniture (wood, kinda fits with the wooden toys), etc would work. Toy manufacturing is dicey, to an extent, due to changes in consumer preferences. But I guess that would be part of the fun! And with my system, we would never be stuck with inventory. But what are NH's consumer liability statutes like? If a kid swallows a wheel off the wooden race car, will I be living in a gutter?