• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Using facebook or twitter

Started by Jim Johnson, February 06, 2011, 02:02 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1354096/Egypt-protests-Police-use-Facebook-Twitter-track-protesters.html?ITO=1490

If the Egyptian Goobernment is using them to track people, I would say that the US Goobernment is doing the same.

A special paranoia warning for people who are openly saying things like "I am doing 'X' to bring down the Goobernment.",  your ass is hanging way out over the line.

Free libertarian

...and all this time I thought they were tracking me by the secret microchip they had imbedded under my eyelid!   :P

Jim Johnson

Fool, it's a rectal implant... they put it as close to your brain as possible.

Lloyd Danforth

Maybe that is on a case to case basis. You can't judge everybody by your situation. ;D

Jim Johnson

You mean... if I pull my head out of my ass, I wouldn't be on facebook any more?

Kat Kanning

Jim Johnson

A little light bulb goes on every time I get a bright idea.

Tom Sawyer

Optical Rectosis... a shitty outlook on life.   ;D

Fluff and Stuff

Good point Jim, FB, Myspace and as far as I know all social media sites completely corporate with cops at all levels in the US.  This has been happening for years and will likely not change anytime soon.

littlehawk

Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Photobucket, emails, forums such as this one, all go to fusion centers for database filing.

CJS

A few years ago FaceBook received over $12 million from an investment group named Accel Partners. I have read that the member list of Accel reads like a who's who of the CIA

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/jan/14/facebook

Jim Beyer is one of the original three investors in FaceBook and sites on their board IIRC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Breyer

Here is a YouTube vid that does a fine job of connecting the dots , even if it is a bit creepy .

http://www.nokilling.org/FACEBOOK/index.htm

I would bet 80% or better of FaceBook regulars have no idea how much about their daily lives is public because of the site. Personally I don't care that some fusion center knows a bunch of friends and neighbors got good and drunk at my place the night of the blizzard or what team I rooted for in the Superbowl , but I do feel bad for people who don't understand their pics and posts are data mined by so many people .

Raineyrocks

I'm still wondering how Yo characters have sex on YoVille in Facebook.  Seriously, has anyone ever played that game on Facebook?    There's these Yo people that hang out in front of the Yo apartments and then these little bubble texts pop up and they say stuff like, "who wants to have sex with me?",  "I need a boyfriend",  "I'm horny", etc.

I ended up there one day and saw it with my own 2 eyes, and then I went to hit the globe thing and ended up in some Yo apartment where this guy was standing in front of this girl and he had underwear on, she's asked who I was visciously and I just hit another button and went to where I wanted to go in the first place.   

I like the game for the fishing but I've become intrigued with how these characters can sexually interact and if they can.  :dontknow:

Sorry, I know the stuff I wrote above is way off topic.

I always thought FB was stupid but then my cousin and mother in law kept asking me to create a page so after a couple of years I caved in and did.  I regret it sometimes, long story on that one believe me.  When I made my page I didn't know about all of this spying stuff, it's creepy.

Raineyrocks

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...9ee2a011bd7.01

https://www.cia.gov/

WASHINGTON — The CIA has launched a revamped website with links to YouTube and Flickr to help the public better understand the spy agency's often clandestine work, officials said.

"The idea behind these improvements is to make more information about the Agency available to more people, more easily," CIA Director Leon Panetta said in a statement on Monday.

"The CIA wants the American people and the world to understand its mission and its vital role in keeping our country safe," he said.

Although the Central Intelligence Agency's mission has always hinged on secrecy, the spy service is conscious of its public image -- partly for recruiting reasons -- and in recent years has added games and links for children on its website.

The CIA's new YouTube channel will offer "current and historical videos about the agency" and its Flickr site provides links to "copyright-free pictures from CIA.gov for easy access," the agency said.

The site already has a "kids' page" that includes games in which players can break a secret code. But it tries to play down the role of secret operations: "CIA employees gather intelligence (or information) in a variety of ways, not just by 'spying' like you see in the movies or on TV (though we do some of that, too)."

The CIA's reputation suffered Under former president George W. Bush, with the agency condemned for alleging Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction before the Iraq war and for employing harsh interrogation tactics against terror suspects that rights groups said amounted to torture.

Russell Kanning

i guess we all can keep telling people that the feds use facebook in particular to track people

it seems like sites like facebook and twitter were a net help to the protesters in Egypt .... after a while the government prefered they not have the internet than using it to track people :)

posts on this forum have been used as evidence against me in federal and cheshire superior courts .... and I was convicted or thrown in jail both times .... just fyi

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 08, 2011, 06:47 PM NHFT
i guess we all can keep telling people that the feds use facebook in particular to track people

it seems like sites like facebook and twitter were a net help to the protesters in Egypt .... after a while the government prefered they not have the internet than using it to track people :)

posts on this forum have been used as evidence against me in federal and cheshire superior courts .... and I was convicted or thrown in jail both times .... just fyi

Wow, that's disturbing but not surprising.  >:(