• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I guess I should start putting some Christmas decorations away

Started by Raineyrocks, February 08, 2011, 05:31 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

but I'm still going to leave the lights and tree up, unless the electric bill gets higher.  I love Christmas lights, I got different color light bulbs at Rite Aid this year too so there are red, green, blue, and amber lights in almost all the lamps.

Yeah, I know this a dumb post but I don't care and really it hasn't been my first dumb post probably won't be my last, blah, blah, blah. :) :P

MaineShark

Quote from: Raineyrocks on February 08, 2011, 05:31 PM NHFTbut I'm still going to leave the lights and tree up, unless the electric bill gets higher.

Those new LED lights use very little power.

Joe

Raineyrocks

Quote from: MaineShark on February 08, 2011, 05:47 PM NHFT
Quote from: Raineyrocks on February 08, 2011, 05:31 PM NHFTbut I'm still going to leave the lights and tree up, unless the electric bill gets higher.

Those new LED lights use very little power.

Joe

Excellent, thanks Joe!  They will probably be up indefinitely or until Rick takes them down.  :D  Now I just need to take the decals off the windows and put all the other stuff away because I am getting sick of looking at those.

Russell Kanning

it is amazing how little electricity a string of led lights use
I call them winter lights .... put them up after thanksgiving and take them down when the weather is nice :)

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Russell Kanning on February 08, 2011, 06:55 PM NHFT
it is amazing how little electricity a string of led lights use
I call them winter lights .... put them up after thanksgiving and take them down when the weather is nice :)

Yeah, they are so pretty.  The kids kept saying don't we have to take them down now, Christmas is over?  I told them we could do whatever we want with them and to stop worrying about what other people say you should do.

Pat K

Russell Kanning

Alex Libman

As a futurist, I'm trying to think up some ideas of how holiday decorations may change with upcoming technological advancements.  Instead of being bulbs on a wire, you might actually get a swarm of super-efficient spider-robot lights that can relay static electrical charge to each-other without wires, change to any color, move about in decorative light-coordinated patterns controlled via wifi Internet, and could even be ordered to crawl into or out of their box with a push of a button.  But no matter how far technology advances, no matter how much time passes, no matter how many galaxies we colonize, fruitcake will always remain the same!   :D

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Alex Libman on February 10, 2011, 05:32 PM NHFT
As a futurist, I'm trying to think up some ideas of how holiday decorations may change with upcoming technological advancements.  Instead of being bulbs on a wire, you might actually get a swarm of super-efficient spider-robot lights that can relay static electrical charge to each-other without wires, change to any color, move about in decorative light-coordinated patterns controlled via wifi Internet, and could even be ordered to crawl into or out of their box with a push of a button.  But no matter how far technology advances, no matter how much time passes, no matter how many galaxies we colonize, fruitcake will always remain the same!   :D

Yeah, you never know that's for sure but I'm gonna stick with my good old string lights. I don't like new technology that much, some stuff is ok but I don't have a microwave or an x box, stuff like that.  I still have an atari! :)

Alex Libman

I'm a retro-futurist.  The 1980s and 90s were good.  The future is going to be awesome - that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  But the last 10 years, or the next X - bleh.  I even avoid owning a cellphone when I can help it.  My best programming was for MS-DOS, and the modern Web stack still didn't get to a place where I can do any development work I'm proud of with it (I'm very Roarky about that).  I'm going to sit the next 10,000 techno-fads out, in hope they'll start getting good after that.  Like wireless Christmas lights that can also pick up your dry-cleaning.   ::)