• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I need advice real bad

Started by Raineyrocks, February 12, 2011, 11:44 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

If you knew someone that was raped and it went to a jury trial and the rapist was found not guilty even though there was overwhelming evidence against him. The day he was found not guilty he started anonymously calling the victim's cell then she finally answered it because she knew it was him, and she wanted to tell him to stop calling her. His reply to her was this,  he says, he's 2 doors down from her apartment complex watching her every move, what would you do?  She did tell her state appointed lawyer previously that day that she was receiving the anonymous calls on her cell phone but they said there was no way for her to prove it was him unless he unblocked his number and left a message.

I know the obvious is to get your cell number changed and that's in the process of being done now but you still know this mother fucker is watching you, what can be done?  I mean getting her a cell that can record him, if she doesn't get her number changed, and then his, "I'm in your apartment complex, watching you" would be on tape, wouldn't it have to be proven that it was his voice, if he blocks his number?

The victim wasn't even so much as offered a protection order, which they pretty much suck anyway but it's better than nothing so now the victim is trying to get a protection order and was told if she gets it and he violates it he will maybe spend a night in jail but it can go on and on like this.

I know the legal system sucks and I don't want this to turn into a debate over who believes in this or that, I would just like some advice that can help the victim before she ends up dead.

Also, there is no doubt that this victim was really raped.  I believe what it came down to was that the rapist's family bought him a lawyer and the victim had a state appointed lawyer.  I might be wrong about this but I just don't know how he got found not guilty with the overwehiming amount of evidence there was and he even lied and said he was never at the scene of the crime until confronted with the fact that there was dna evidence and then admitted to being at the scene of the crime.

His lawyer has accused the victim of staging the scene and not calling the cops right away.  She didn't know what to do, she was in shock so 1 or 2 hrs lapsed before she called the cops. His lawyer said the cops didn't fingerprint the door, the knife, and the can of pepper spray that the victim used to try to defend herself. 

So what, there was dna evidence found at the scene, she went to the hospital where they did the rape kit, there were pictures of her injuries and the cops had on record a prior incident with this rapist 1wk prior where he punched her, smashed her cell phone as she was trying to use it to call the cops and then I guess because he got away with that he felt free to rape her a week later and now that he got found not guilty he's harrasing her again what is going to stop this jerk off!

I don't trust the justice system so depending on them to keep her safe is a joke so what options does she have to keep herself safe?

I should point out that she doesn't live in a 'gun friendly state'. :-\ 

MaineShark

Um, even if he has his number hidden, it's still in the phone records; it just doesn't show up on the caller ID display.  The cops can still access that.  Not saying to run to the cops, but her lawyer obviously doesn't know anything about how phones work.  You can be anonymous from the individual on the other end of the line, but there is zero anonymity when it comes to the thugs who have access to the phone system.

Joe

Jim Johnson

I didn't want it to seem like you where being ignored.

But the situation sounds like it is far to complex for any specific advice.

She doesn't have to carry a gun. 
There are tasers and pepper sprays.
Carry a whistle, whisper into the phone and then blow the whistle. 
Carry a small box knife or one in each hand.

Be prepared for some sort of retaliation.

In any case she should get some self defense training.

Or she could leave and start a new life some place else.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: Jim Johnson on February 12, 2011, 09:55 PM NHFT
I didn't want it to seem like you where being ignored.

But the situation sounds like it is far to complex for any specific advice.

She doesn't have to carry a gun. 
There are tasers and pepper sprays.
Carry a whistle, whisper into the phone and then blow the whistle. 
Carry a small box knife or one in each hand.

Be prepared for some sort of retaliation.

In any case she should get some self defense training.

Or she could leave and start a new life some place else.

Thanks Jim!  :)  Those are the same kinds of things I was thinking too.