• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Biker Bill arrested on Illegal Recording Warrant

Started by Giggan, February 22, 2011, 06:09 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Free libertarian

CJS

Giggan

RSA 570-A. The statute as I find it to be relevant is here:

http://freeconcord.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/570a_cards.pdf

Bill also has the NH Constitution on his side. From his blog:

QuoteArticle 15, 'Right of Accused,' which states in part,

"Every subject shall have a right to produce all proofs that may be favorable to himself"

Now, ya can't very well "produce" proof in court if you've been capriciously and prejudicially prohibited from "producing" it on the street, now can ya? Can you say "mistrial?" Can you say "civil rights violation?"

http://bikerbillnh.blogspot.com/2010/10/weare-pd-everybody-kno-o-ows-youre-lame.html

Dave Ridley

Called FTL about this.

Also sent the below LTE to letters@unionleader.com

Any of you who have not done something about this, please do now.

-----

Weare: First they came for the indie journalists...

On February 22 this year, Weare police committed an act which should be a source of concern to every Union Leader journalist.  They arrested Weare videographer Bill Alleman for attempting to record them after they pulled him over.  But here's the really interesting part:  The traffic stop, and the recording, occurred many months before the arrest.  WPD did not charge the indie reporter until shortly after he attended a hearing at the state house...a hearing he also recorded and broadcast.  The hearing was a public discussion of a bill that would enumerate your right to record officers in public.

Was the delayed arrest retaliation for his exercise of a universally held civil right?  The right to attend public hearings in support of police accountability?  Either way...they are charging him with a felony: "Wiretapping."  Usually, these types of charges completely fail to stick in New Hampshire courts.  But this misuse of power, this attempt to quell information, puts WPD just a single step above the Middle Eastern dictators who use more direct force against journalists. You can find more details at FreeConcord.org

First they came for Bill Alleman...how long before they come for Drew Cline and Joe McQuaid?

littlehawk

QuoteBut here's the really interesting part:  The traffic stop, and the recording, occurred many months before the arrest.  WPD did not charge the indie reporter until shortly after he attended a hearing at the state house...a hearing he also recorded and broadcast.

Verrrrry interesting. Hmm.

Silent_Bob

Dave Ridley

MikeforLiberty

Free libertarian

^^^ consider clicking on the link provided by Laconia above...nice article.

Russell Kanning

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on February 24, 2011, 09:51 AM NHFT
Some of us hope that after Bill wins his court case, he goes after all of the perps with lawsuits.
you could just put bananas in their tailpipes

Lloyd Danforth

That too!  A friend of mine actually did that to a police cruiser with a couple of potatoes.

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

I saw the notorious Biker Bill yesterday he was up to his old tricks filming at a public hearing in Concord, for Medical Marijuana.  Those free speech / free press guys sure are dangerous.   ::)

There was the standard Cop / prosecutor / bureaucrat reefer madness opposition on one side with zero public support... and a slew of public support in favor of the bill on the other side.
The full hearing can be found at :  http://bikerbillnh.blogspot.com/   

That's two months in a row I've gone to hearings in Concord,  I have fulfilled my Ambassadorial duties and will likely request a break from the Emperor to recuperate.

Russell Kanning

Jim Johnson

Does anyone know the time and place for this court thing?
And could they post it here?