• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Burning Porc 2011

Started by MaineShark, February 25, 2011, 10:46 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

MaineShark

I have some friends with a brand new 20x30 tarp they are willing to lend, as well.

And several tents, if folks need them.

Joe

PassionatePantherrr

I'll be making up some batches of peanut butter cookies, and peanut butter fudge... Maybe we'll bring some other food too, depending upon motivation. ;-)

I can also do henna body-art on people, if there's interest, let me know in advance, as large designs take time/more materials... Let me know if you'd like to see some examples of my work.

PassionatePantherrr

I was trying to get an idea of headcount, considering that I was planning on making some foodstuffs... even if not a specific "I'm showing up," does anyone know how many might be showing up? Thanks!

jerry

I have no idea how many will show up, but I've been handing out notices here at Porcfest and getting positive responses.   At least a dozen said they were definitely going to come.

PassionatePantherrr

Jerry-

Thanks for the reply... Since you were handing out notices, is there any sort of schedule that you know of? :-) I have a friend who was considering coming up this week, but was wondering what events might be going on, other than John's offer at the P.A. Church.
Thanks!

-Denise

Quote from: jerry on June 25, 2011, 07:24 PM NHFT
I have no idea how many will show up, but I've been handing out notices here at Porcfest and getting positive responses.   At least a dozen said they were definitely going to come.

Lloyd Danforth

This will be a, pretty, much, do it yourself Burning Porcupine Festival. If someone has an idea for an event or trip, post it here and troll for responses.

jerry

This is Burning Porcupine Freedom Fest, not Porcfest. We don't need no stinking schedules. ;)

Check out WWW.BurningPorcupine.com for allegations

MaineShark

FYI, for anyone looking to attend, a friend has graciously offered a few tents for those who may not have their own camping gear.  Contact me for details.  Similarly, if you want a roof over your head, we have a camper available to rent.

Joe

MaineShark

FYI, for anyone looking to attend, a friend has graciously offered a few tents for those who may not have their own camping gear.  Contact me for details.  Similarly, if you want a roof over your head, we have a camper available to rent.

Joe

PassionatePantherrr

Note: This isn't an attempt to organize a bunch of anarchists, just a means for folks who want to show up somewhere in the middle a way to connect with those who will be around... I'm just copying this from other posts / sites, contact the individuals or groups mentioned for more details on any event, no warranty is implied... :-) If anyone is planning a hike, trip to the lake, etc, let me know and I'll add it to the list, or just reply to the post!
All week: Camping at Hoyt. Peanut butter fudge at my house if anyone would like to acquire some... (may have cookies made too!)

Wed: Cool Morning Yoga at Peaceful Assembly, possibly open all day (Music, games, library, etc.).
Peaceful Assembly Church will be available for family friendly fun late-afternoon and early-evening (3/4ish - 8/9ish.)
Possible family friendly movie nights. 9ish?

Thurs: Peaceful Assembly Church will be available for family friendly fun late-afternoon and early-evening (3/4ish - 8/9ish.)
Possible family friendly movie nights. 9ish?
Evening gathering: TBD...

Friday: Cool Morning Yoga at Peaceful Assembly, possibly open all day (Music, games, library, etc.).
Peaceful Assembly Church will be available for family friendly fun late-afternoon and early-evening (3/4ish - 8/9ish.)
We'd like to host a movie night on Friday, starting around 6-ish... We're walking distance (around the corner of Slab) from Hoyt.

Saturday: Cool Morning Yoga at Peaceful Assembly, possibly open all day (Music, games, library, etc.).

Sunday: Sunday morning Bible/Faith/Spiritual Study, 8:00, Peaceful Assembly, possibly open all day (Music, games, library, etc.).

John

Visitor from Michigan arrived Sunday night... Stayed at Peaceful Assembly Church... He's now headed out to Keene...

Russell Kanning

he must be headed the wrong way for burning porcupine .... unless it has expanded in territory :)

John

He's scouting out NH (for his family)... Porcfest, Berlin, Grafton, and on.

Small tour of Grafton yesterday. Looked like nothing at all happening at Hoyt by late-afternoon.

Today here are some signs of life at Hoyt.

John

Quote from: PassionatePantherrr on June 28, 2011, 08:28 AM NHFTWe'd like to host a movie night on Friday, starting around 6-ish... We're walking distance (around the corner of Slab) from Hoyt.

Cool.
What kind of movie?

jerry

If there's any interest and an Appleseed instructor shows up we can treck over the mountain to Jerry's Place in southern tropical Grafton (8miles) for a mini-Appleseed.   No instructors?  We can shoot pistols an shotgun some clays.