• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

peasant with an attitude

Started by Jim Johnson, February 27, 2011, 01:51 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Johnson

Free libertarian

No matter what he was or from whence he came, Jesus was the ultimate peaceful civil disobedience practitioner. 

http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc11/christ.html

The explanation in the link above might add credence to his mellow approach and aversion for violent methods...and explain why he needed a haircut.

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Free libertarian on February 27, 2011, 06:51 AM NHFT
No matter what he was or from whence he came, Jesus was the ultimate peaceful civil disobedience practitioner. 

As long as we are clear that "the ultimate peaceful civil disobedience practitioner" can go through the market tipping over the market tables and yelling at people to get out of his father's house.

Free libertarian

...hey he had a bad day for god's sake!

Russell Kanning

how do we know how long his hair was
sampson was the one who had to keep it long :)

Free libertarian

^^^ Good point, who knows for sure, maybe he had a 'fro ?  Most Jesus pictures in the western world depict him fairly anglicized.  It was that image I referred to, the hippie in sandals and flowing robes look that showed up on the walls at my Sunday school back in the day. 

If he was middle eastern or north African he probably didn't look like the guy in the stained glass at my Methodist church from the early 1960s.

Jim Johnson

But he did wear robes.... so you should definitely wear robes.

But if you don't have a sword and you don't have money to buy a sword you should sell your robes and buy a sword.

And very important, if you don't hate your own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even your own life, you cannot be a disciple.

Russell Kanning

I have been working on that last one. :)
What if Jesus was short swarthy and had a big hook nose? That would make for some interesting pictures.

Lloyd Danforth

Too bad there were no Sketch Artists back in the..........!..Zero's.

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 01, 2011, 08:33 AM NHFT
Too bad there were no Sketch Artists back in the..........!..Zero's.

You missed your chance.

Lloyd Danforth

In my defense, Matchbook ads for drawing schools weren't out yet.

KBCraig

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on March 01, 2011, 03:12 PM NHFT
In my defense, Matchbook ads for drawing schools weren't out yet.

And to be fair, I understand that in your youth you were more interested in science than art.