• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

HB330 is out of committee and is BAD for gun owners

Started by doobie, March 11, 2011, 07:45 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

doobie

It includes a reference to 18 U.S.C. § 922 which (currently) brings in 18 pages of federal regulation into New Hampshire law.  It also allows the federal government to change 18 U.S.C. § 922 at ANY TIME and make New Hampshire law match it.

MaineShark

Yup.  Seems like there's a try, at least once a year, these days, to put Federal gun control into NH's laws.

They tried it last year with the firearms "sovereignty" act attempt, which would have made NH less sovereign by including the NFA into NH's laws (NH currently doesn't regulate NFA weapons).

HB536 is a far better bill, if one is inclined towards politics...

Joe

doobie

Well....from what I heard Rep Welch and Evan Nappen added the federal regulation into the bill.

But 536 has been ITL'd in committee.

Silent_Bob

Quote from: doobie on March 11, 2011, 07:45 AM NHFT
It includes a reference to 18 U.S.C. § 922 which (currently) brings in 18 pages of federal regulation into New Hampshire law.  It also allows the federal government to change 18 U.S.C. § 922 at ANY TIME and make New Hampshire law match it.

[Art.] 7. [State Sovereignty.] The people of this state have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves as a free, sovereign, and independent state; and do, and forever hereafter shall, exercise and enjoy every power, jurisdiction, and right, pertaining thereto, which is not, or may not hereafter be, by them expressly delegated to the United States of America in congress assembled.

BJ

Quote from: doobie on March 11, 2011, 10:16 AM NHFT
Well....from what I heard Rep Welch and Evan Nappen added the federal regulation into the bill.

::)

I guess he ends up with more business.

KBCraig

MaineShark

I'm as pro-gun as you can get.

And the concealed carry license thing is one of the "hot button" topics I really get annoyed at.

But I'd rather keep the current system, than see that mess get enacted.  HB330 is a strongly anti-liberty bill.

Joe

doobie

The reference with the federal statute is in theory going to be amending by the committee on the floor to remove it.

KBCraig

Quote from: doobie on March 11, 2011, 08:50 PM NHFT
The reference with the federal statute is in theory going to be amending by the committee on the floor to remove it.

Let's hope it does.

Evan Nappen can't add or remove anything from a bill, since he's not an elected representative. If he had a hand in the background, this is just another mark against him. I know he's got a great reputation, but I've never seen any evidence that he does anything positive for gun owners. His name is always attached to people who lose important cases.

Might be time to send him back to New Jersey, so he can work with OhCrapItsTheCops (freekeene forum).