• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

This thread is full of spiders

Started by dalebert, March 14, 2011, 09:13 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

KBCraig

Jintu Gogoi's neighbourhood in Sadiya, Upper Assam, is no longer friendly. Over two weeks ago, an army of eight-legged freaks invaded it. It all happened in the evening on May 8. Most of the inhabitants of Chaulkhowa Nagaon village had been to a Bihu function. When the programme drew to a close, swarms of spiders suddenly descended from nowhere and started biting the people. The festive mood soon turned into one of panic with people bumping into each other and tripping over empty benches in their frantic bid to egress. . . . .

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/environment/flora-fauna/Tarantulas-invade-Assam-town-kill-two/articleshow/13753398.cms

KBCraig

I thought Barskey was older than 20.

And when did he move to Illinois?

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/illinois/illinois-man-wakes-to-find-spider-in-bed-flees-house/article_00db4316-b569-11e1-951c-0019bb30f31a.html

ALBION, Ill. •
A southern Illinois man awakened to find a spider in his bed, and it's through a glass door naked he fled.

The Evansville Courier & Press reports that Albion police say the 20-year-old man was sleeping in the buff when he spotted the arachnid Tuesday morning and bolted from his home in the 2,000-resident town in Edwards County.

Sheriff Darby Boewe says the disoriented man apparently ran through a glass storm door during his escape, cutting his arms, legs and a finger. He was treated at a hospital.

Authorities fielded numerous reports of a bloody streaker and later found the man back at his home, where he'd donned some shorts.

dalebert

Quote from: KBCraig on June 14, 2012, 12:57 AM NHFT
ALBION, Ill. •
A southern Illinois man awakened to find a spider in his bed, and it's through a glass door naked he fled.

Calls for a repost of this one:

dalebert

dalebert

KBCraig

dalebert

dalebert

Jim Johnson

Pat K

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert

dalebert

KBCraig

I wish I'd gotten pictures at our new house in Lancaster, but the basement was full of spider webs with huge ghostly white spider carcasses. Some kind of mold had obviously grown on them.

Pat K and I were down looking at the furnace, when Daniel bopped in wondered aloud "what these things are made of, anyway." I kind of stared at him. "What... 'things'?" "These fake spiders! Why would anyone go to all this trouble putting up decorations in the basement?"

I just grinned. "Oh god, those are real spiders?" You could see the shiver running up his spine, and he barely managed to haul ass out of the basement without knocking himself out on a floor joist.   ;D

While we were gone to the store, he grabbed a broom and the shop vac and took care of business. lol