• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tiny House movement catching on

Started by MTPorcupine3, March 17, 2011, 08:37 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

jaqeboy

Love it. I have  been collecting a lot of resources to build these. Maybe this year!

littlehawk

Those are slick. Go for it Jack.
I live in a 20x20 home with a half loft for sleeping. (approx 500 sf total) It's more than plenty of room and easy to heat in winter. And best yet, I built it myself for cheap and it's paid for.
IMO, A home is a place for sleep and for shelter from bad weather. Other than that, it's nice to be outside.  :)

Fluff and Stuff

Quote from: littlehawk on March 17, 2011, 09:51 PM NHFT
Those are slick. Go for it Jack.
I live in a 20x20 home with a half loft for sleeping. (approx 500 sf total) It's more than plenty of room and easy to heat in winter. And best yet, I built it myself for cheap and it's paid for.
IMO, A home is a place for sleep and for shelter from bad weather. Other than that, it's nice to be outside.  :)

All of this is gold.  I enjoy being outside in the winter :)

John

Pat K

Yeah we all enjoy it when your out side to fluff.  ;D

jaqeboy

Quote from: John on March 17, 2011, 11:07 PM NHFT
+ Keep the wheels on...  ;D

Yeah, you never know when you'll need to roll on, eh?

Russell Kanning

John

Quote from: jaqeboy on March 17, 2011, 11:51 PM NHFT
Quote from: John on March 17, 2011, 11:07 PM NHFT
+ Keep the wheels on...  ;D

Yeah, you never know when you'll need to roll on, eh?

And, you can tell the taxman to keep on a rollin' to. :)

KBCraig

One possible moving strategy we've always kept in mind, especially since we'd like to have a little land, is to build a barn, then park our travel trailer inside.

We could have outside, semi-inside, and really inside, the latter being warm bed space in the trailer.

littlehawk

Theres an old guy who has an old shack on wheels and he pulls it with two horses. Every now and then he makes the news when some idiot pig cites him a ticket.

CurtHowland

The two bedroom apartment I'm in now is far more space than I need, even with two kids. Oh, it's easy to "fill it up", but I don't need it.

And that's not even using the fold-out couch for a bed. Do that and the only use of two bedrooms is for the closets.

Jim Johnson

Geee... the NPR report forgot mention how you don't have to put up bull shit government construction codes... well, unless you build the trailer it sits on too.

Russell Kanning

Free libertarian

There have been a few bull sessions in  Free Grafton about trying to put together a Tiny house this summer.  It's a very interesting subject.  The portable vs fixed Tiny House is an important consideration. 

I'm curious if a person were towing a Tiny House and they were pulled over what the probable cause threshhold for a search of the Tiny House would be, if the "owner" of the Tiny House was not the same party as the person doing the towing. Anybody?