• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Tesla Generator?

Started by tracysaboe, March 20, 2011, 10:49 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

littlehawk

Every idea/invention Tesla had was stolen. He didn't play nice with the elitists and he was thown overboard and ended up in poverty. Just like Rife.

tracysaboe

Thanks guys. No the Engine John Galt built took stray static electricity out of the air. This uses cosmic radiation. What I find interesting is that the $2 Generator works in these demos. It's just that, if you can only power a cell phone with it. You'd need about a thousand of them for a typical house. And where would you put it? I don't see how simply having a bigger antenna would reduce the need for more space.

Thanks Shorty,

Tracy

tracysaboe

Tesla also claimed he had a black box that could transmit electricity from one place to another w/o wires. Nobody's ever figured out that.

MaineShark

Quote from: tracysaboe on March 22, 2011, 12:21 PM NHFTThanks guys. No the Engine John Galt built took stray static electricity out of the air. This uses cosmic radiation. What I find interesting is that the $2 Generator works in these demos. It's just that, if you can only power a cell phone with it. You'd need about a thousand of them for a typical house. And where would you put it? I don't see how simply having a bigger antenna would reduce the need for more space.

It doesn't use cosmic radiation.  It's using radio energy, put there by the various AM and FM stations and such in the area.

If you put a few of those into operation, you'll just suck up all the local radio flux, and get no more power - there's only a small amount of flux, anyway, unless you live next to a radio tower.  Plus, you'll annoy your neighbors, because their radios will only pick up static.

Joe

MaineShark

Quote from: tracysaboe on March 22, 2011, 12:24 PM NHFTTesla also claimed he had a black box that could transmit electricity from one place to another w/o wires. Nobody's ever figured out that.

Actually, there are a number of technologies to do that, including some that Tesla invented.  Tesla did successfully demonstrate wireless power transmission, and the techniques are known.

They're just horribly inefficient, or have other negative side-effects.

The Wikipedia article has a decent breakdown of the basics, including which are Tesla's designs, and which are others': http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wireless_energy_transmission

Joe

Russell Kanning

a/c is magical to me
I don't know how it works ... and it makes wonderful things happen

Pat McCotter

CurtHowland

Quote from: Russell Kanning on March 22, 2011, 04:31 PM NHFT
a/c is magical to me
I don't know how it works ... and it makes wonderful things happen

Being an engineer, I can help if you're interested in learning. I can outline the debate between Tesla and Edison, if your "a/c" meant alternating current, or the advances of Carrier if your "a/c" meant airconditioning. ;)

KBCraig

http://www.gizmag.com/lg-wireless-charge-pad/18202/

"Electricity goes in, charged batteries come out; you can't explain that."

AntonLee

I remember watching History showing his generator that stood behind some building that supposedly sent wireless power to objects nearby.  THe idea being that these would be setup everywhere and eliminate the need for powerlines etc.

Why did this never catch on?  Was there something dangerous?

Raineyrocks

Quote from: AntonLee on March 23, 2011, 06:01 AM NHFT
I remember watching History showing his generator that stood behind some building that supposedly sent wireless power to objects nearby.  THe idea being that these would be setup everywhere and eliminate the need for powerlines etc.

Why did this never catch on?  Was there something dangerous?

From what I've heard/read about Tesla is that he had the knowledge/technology to create totally free, unlimited energy and of course that would never be allowed by probably any govt. system so they killed him and stole his work and of course never let it come into fruition.   I hope that answered your question, sorry if it didn't; I'm really tired.  :)

ShortyLong

JP Morgan withdrew his financial support of Tesla upon learning of Tesla's generator. Where would you put the meter? he was said to ask. Tesla had no money to continue. He was ruined.

ShortyLong

Free libertarian

I have a glass canning jar with a lid....four or five fire flies and I'm all set. 

dalebert

His primary competitor, Edison, convinced everyone it was dangerous.  It "looked" dangerous, after all.

I don't think it was unlimited or free, per se.  It would have been possible to generate a lot of energy and transmit it through the air very efficiently.  It would have saved a fortune in infrastructure and made it possible to extract from just about anywhere by someone who knew how.

It might have been very difficult to meter, however, and that would have made it less appealing to people trying to make money off of it, but it wouldn't have been impossible.  It would have presented a free-rider complication but it wouldn't necessarily be an unsolvable problem.

littlehawk

Quote from: ShortyLong on March 23, 2011, 11:50 AM NHFT
   JP Morgan withdrew his financial support of Tesla upon learning of Tesla's generator. Where would you put the meter? he was said to ask. Tesla had no money to continue. He was ruined.

ShortyLong

ahh yes, JP Morgan, one the the famous "Money Masters." The beginning of the end, 1913.