• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

I wonder if Iran did build a flying saucer and why

Started by Raineyrocks, March 23, 2011, 05:40 AM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Raineyrocks

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_839154.html

"An official state-run Iranian news agency claims that the country has created the world's first 'flying saucer.'

In the official announcement on Fars' website, the news agency claimed the craft was unveiled to Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamene in a special ceremony last week. The unmanned craft is aparently intended largely for aerial imaging.

The saucer, named "Zohal" (which translates to "Saturn" in Persian) is reportedly part of a "new generation of vertical flyers," according to the Daily Mail.

From the original release:

Zohal, designed and developed jointly by Farnas Aerospace Company and Iranian Aviation and Space Industries Association (IASIA), can be used for various missions, specially for aerial imaging.

The flying machine is equipped with an auto-pilot system, GPS (Global Positioning System) and two separate imaging systems with full HD 10 mega-pixel picture quality and is able to take and send images simultaneously.

Zohal uses a small, portable navigation and monitoring center for transmission of data and images and can fly in both outdoor and indoor spaces.

However, the ship has its skeptics."

Russell Kanning

littlehawk

Prolly another WMD. More reason for Barry Sortora to keep killing brown people.

unless they are zooming in on you taking a shower, Rainey.

Raineyrocks

Quote from: littlehawk on March 23, 2011, 10:08 AM NHFT
Prolly another WMD. More reason for Barry Sortora to keep killing brown people.

unless they are zooming in on you taking a shower, Rainey.

Ha, ha!  I'm sure they have better things to do than to zoom in on me; like doing studies on how long it takes for an ant to cross the road and the real important stuff like that.  ;D