• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Liberty Dollar protest!

Started by Wesley Bodhi, March 23, 2011, 11:26 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesley Bodhi

"Attempts to undermine the legitimate currency of this country are
simply a unique form of domestic terrorism," Anne Tompkins, U.S.
Attorney

Liberty Dollar founder Bernard von NotHaus faces a sentence up to
25 years in prison and must forfeit 16,000 pounds of his precious
metals to the federal government in addition to fines that add up
to 1 Million FRNs. Using Liberty Dollars is now a federal crime:
"Conspiracy Against the United States of America."

We cannot let them call competing currencies terrorism. We cannot
let them arrest those who would try to save us from a failing
currency. So, on Saturday the 2nd, bring your gold, bring your
silver, bring your Liberty Dollars, and bring your video-cameras.
Then we will trade with eachother right at the steps of the Federal
Building in Concord, NH.
J.C. Federal Building
55 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH

Saturday, April 2 ยท 1:00pm - 5:00pm

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171232292926763
http://www.meetup.com/ronpaul-309/events/17017525/

karenijohnson

SORRY this happened... he "re-issued" SILVER tokens as silver changed price

they played some "games" with these coins... re-issue... change price ... etc... not "inflation proof"!!!...

the rally will wake some people up about how money works (and does not...)

karenijohnson

Bernard von NotHaus talking about the Liberty Dollar on The Learning Channel

AT 5:55 clock marker Mr. NotHAUS tells a seller that this is the "new" 10$ coin....
(there is another example at a food place by Nothaus also)

SORRY... this is FRAUD... it is not the "NEW" 10 dollar coin...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYGDVUb8MjA

Lloyd Danforth

It's unusual for someone to suggest that other people subject themselves to arrest in their first post.

Alex Libman

I have a policy of never going to any protests in person, but I'm working on a robot with inflatable limbs that could go for me. 

Russell Kanning

Well Lloyd you can restrict your activities to legal ones and look for the new guy.
Since I was invited, I am excited about the renewed "Tilting at Windmills"

Free libertarian

Will you be wearing your "cloaking device"  Russell?   If you are I will wear my super secret special hologram viewing glasses that will allow me to see you.   

In the event "they" follow my gaze and attempt to cast a catch net over your invisible self I will go into diversionary mode and re-direct my gaze and their attention to a piece of granite block.   They obviously have no idea of the strength of Shire Technology and don't realize their stone age tactics are useless in comparison. 

Kat Kanning

Ya, I was thinking the same as Lloyd.

Free libertarian

Quote from: Kat Kanning on April 02, 2011, 09:40 AM NHFT

Hmm...In that case I may leave the silver at home and raid the monopoly game for a stack of $500s!  I hope somebody brings the deeds to Boardwalk and Park Place or I'll be out of luck!

John

Quote from: Alex Libman on March 27, 2011, 05:56 AM NHFT
I have a policy of never going to any protests

Good. You're one of the guys who advocates violence and that's not what we are about here.

John

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 02, 2011, 08:58 AM NHFTI am excited about the renewed "Tilting at Windmills"

10/4 that.

I'm going over to Hoyt to get lots of nice signs which are still there.

FTL_Ian

As I mentioned on another thread where I describe reasons for the decline in popularity of this forum, this is a less-than-welcoming attitude that keeps people away.

Wes took the time to create an account here so he could post about his event, which as Russell positively pointed out, revives his meme of "Tilting at Windmills" in a wholly appropriate way.  That says to me that Wes thought this was a relevant place to promote his event.  Lloyd and Kat's responses basically say, "hey- get lost".  Also, I don't think Wes' post in any way suggests people subject themselves to arrest.  He merely invites people to his event.  Surely Lloyd knows that just showing up to a public event generally doesn't place one at much of a risk of arrest, so this just seems like an excuse to pick on the new user.  Certainly not a very welcoming atmosphere.  Maybe Wes will post another event notice here again, or maybe not.  I wonder how he feels about this reception.

Alex Libman

Quote from: John on April 02, 2011, 10:04 AM NHFT
Good. You're one of the guys who advocates violence and that's not what we are about here.

If I advocate violence then you advocate slavery.

Lloyd Danforth

Quote from: FreeKeene.com's Ian on April 04, 2011, 12:18 PM NHFT

As I mentioned on another thread where I describe reasons for the decline in popularity of this forum, this is a less-than-welcoming attitude that keeps people away.

Wes took the time to create an account here so he could post about his event, which as Russell positively pointed out, revives his meme of "Tilting at Windmills" in a wholly appropriate way.  That says to me that Wes thought this was a relevant place to promote his event.  Lloyd and Kat's responses basically say, "hey- get lost".  Also, I don't think Wes' post in any way suggests people subject themselves to arrest.  He merely invites people to his event.  Surely Lloyd knows that just showing up to a public event generally doesn't place one at much of a risk of arrest, so this just seems like an excuse to pick on the new user.  Certainly not a very welcoming atmosphere.  Maybe Wes will post another event notice here again, or maybe not.  I wonder how he feels about this reception.
I didn't think or say anything except that it was unusual, Ian.

FTL_Ian

Lloyd, I was taking issue with your suggestion that he was suggesting people get arrested.  I agree with you that for a first post, it may not have been the best post.