• Welcome to New Hampshire Underground.

News:

Please log in on the special "login" page, not on any of these normal pages. Thank you, The Procrastinating Management

"Let them march all they want, as long as they pay their taxes."  --Alexander Haig

Main Menu

Public Employee Union Members Fail in Attempt to Intimidate Republicans in NH St

Started by Lloyd Danforth, March 25, 2011, 11:23 PM NHFT

Previous topic - Next topic

Lloyd Danforth

Public Employee Union Members Fail in Attempt to Intimidate Republicans in NH State House Finance Committee!
WOW! On March 24, 2011 the State House Finance Committee---which prepares state budgets---met to vote on a budget bill. Rep. Neal Kurk proposed an amendment that would put an end to the so-called "Evergreen Clause" that gives public employee unions huge power in spending negotiations, and an incentive to "stonewall" in order to get what they want. With public employee union people packing the room, spilling out into the hallway, and occasionally screaming and disrupting the proceedings, the  Republican State Representatives passed the amendment and turned back an attempt to strip it out. A win for the people of New Hampshire against the political/government/ruling classes! The GOP State Reps weren't intimidated one bit by the attempted  union thuggery, shouting, and intimidation! (It should be noted also that there were a number of anti-statist libertarians in the room---including some members of the committee itself---who came to New Hampshire as a result of the Free State Project migration.) Go to the jump to see the Republican Majority on the committee stare down the public employee unionists in the room and pass an important amendment to reduce union power over the taxpayers in New Hampshire. Watch it now!

http://granitegrok.com/blog/2011/03/public_employee_union_members_attempt_to.html

Free libertarian

From the sidelines it's kind of interesting to watch the two opposing parties fight.  Those that want more money stolen and those that are okay with stealing less. 

I am reminded of the 1970s Miller beer commercial ....

TASTES GREAT !! ...... LESS FILLING!!     Me? I'd rather have a homebrew.

Lloyd Danforth

Try and imagine Liberty Folks yelling and making threats like that. Of course, Liberty folks would never show up in those numbers.

Russell Kanning

it just isn't the same for us ..... this is their paycheck and pension.

Lloyd Danforth

True. They are under the threat of having their paychecks and pensions held at reasonable levels, now that the Drunken Sailors are gone from the House.
http://www.stopthedrunkensailors.com/

Jim Johnson

Quote from: Lloyd Danforth on April 07, 2011, 09:49 AM NHFT
True. They are under the threat of having their paychecks and pensions held at reasonable levels, now that the Drunken Sailors are gone from the House.
http://www.stopthedrunkensailors.com/

You will now be subject to the wrath of Drunken Sailors how are tired of being compared to politicians.

highline

I've never seen or heard of any liberty activists behaving as poorly or disrespectfully as some of these government "officials."

Russell Kanning

I have also heard how these poor people need a "living wage" ... it must be hard for them

KBCraig

Quote from: Russell Kanning on April 07, 2011, 10:35 PM NHFT
I have also heard how these poor people need a "living wage" ... it must be hard for them

Apparently not even $174,000 per year is a "living wage", according to Linda Sanchez:

Some lawmakers, to the seriousness of the issue, have said they would forgo their paychecks in the event of that shutdown. Sanchez explained she just can't afford to go along with that idea.

"I have to tell you that I live paycheck-to-paycheck, like most Americans," Sánchez said. "I'm still paying off my student loans. I have a 2-year-old son who I have to support, and I have to maintain residences on both coasts. It's very difficult for me to say, 'Hey, I can give up my paycheck,' because the reality is, I have financial obligations that I have to meet on a month-to-month basis that doesn't make it possible for me."

Russell Kanning